Total number of counters in AH's/MMP's ASL Core Modules?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Being busy clipping this stuff, I was wondering how many counters are there in total in all of AH's/MMP's Core Modules of ASL?

Probably, this has been asked and answered before, but I can't find it.

Cheers,
von Marwitz

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Being busy clipping this stuff, I was wondering how many counters are there in total in all of AH's/MMP's Core Modules of ASL?

Probably, this has been asked and answered before, but I can't find it.

Cheers,
von Marwitz
Now THAT'S OCD! o_O:giggle:

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wait one, still counting ... eight thousand five hundred thirty seven, eight thousand five hundred thirty eight ...

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
What should count? Which edition of multiple-edition modules? is the counter content of WoA identical to that of FKaC? CoB/GH vs Rising Sun? What about those smaller modules that were later incorporated into reprints, like Paratrooper or Partisans?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What should count? Which edition of multiple-edition modules? is the counter content of WoA identical to that of FKaC? CoB/GH vs Rising Sun? What about those smaller modules that were later incorporated into reprints, like Paratrooper or Partisans?
Well, basically I am trying to roughly figure out, how many darn counters I will have clipped when I am finished with my kit.

So that's usually 1x the OoB for all nationalities published by AH/MMP in the respective core module (excluding HASLs). Or more precisely 2x the OoB in most cases except French, Hungarians, Allied & Axis Minors. Plus roughly a double set of the information counters.

I am well aware that unless doing a 1 on 1 count, I will never figure the exact number (and no, I am not OCD enough to bother doing that). But is it roughly 20,000? 25,000? Or what? No idea.

I just thought as we are a community of crazies, that someone out there had an idea without the need of prior research.

von Marwitz

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, basically I am trying to roughly figure out, how many darn counters I will have clipped when I am finished with my kit.

So that's usually 1x the OoB for all nationalities published by AH/MMP in the respective core module (excluding HASLs). Or more precisely 2x the OoB in most cases except French, Hungarians, Allied & Axis Minors. Plus roughly a double set of the information counters.

I am well aware that unless doing a 1 on 1 count, I will never figure the exact number (and no, I am not OCD enough to bother doing that). But is it roughly 20,000? 25,000? Or what? No idea.

I just thought as we are a community of crazies, that someone out there had an idea without the need of prior research.

von Marwitz
I resemble that remark.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
for me at least, its always one more counter than I thought there was, and then one more after that, and so on.......

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The countersheets are all shown at BGG. They're standard layout, totaling them would be trivially easy.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

von Marwitz
Simple. Count the corner clippings and divide by 4.

Easy, peasy. :p

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Simple. Count the corner clippings and divide by 4.

Easy, peasy. :p
In about* 1992, at outside 1993, I went to Avalon Con, with JR Brackin, and before the ASL section of the event got underway, we were in an area where a guy had RB set up, and he had round* and I mean round, "clipped" <--- not the right word, counters! They looked like our avatars here on GS a few weeks back when the new change came in (before our rounded squares). So your math is very sound for 99.9% of situations... It was a very surreal counter set for sure.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't the boxes state the number of counters?
Well, whadaya know, I just checked my boxes. The "old" boxes list the number of 1/2" and 5/8" counters, the new boxes just list the number of counter sheets. So it's off to BGG with y'all.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
In about* 1992, at outside 1993, I went to Avalon Con, with JR Brackin, and before the ASL section of the event got underway, we were in an area where a guy had RB set up, and he had round* and I mean round, "clipped" <--- not the right word, counters! They looked like our avatars here on GS a few weeks back when the new change came in (before our rounded squares). So your math is very sound for 99.9% of situations... It was a very surreal counter set for sure.
Strange! He must have clipped of some information provided on the counters then.

I have seen seriously mangled counters that were clipped in ways that make your heart bleed, but never truly round ones...

Well, with Olli's statement of 30,000 for some years ago, I have decided that the 'exact' number of counters I will have clipped when done will be 50,000.

Alas, I cannot follow up on the sage advice to count what must amount to 200,000 counter clippings. My clipped kit now looks so awesome that I had to give away one counter-clipping per groupie that attempted to storm my place.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

MichalS

Reaction score
First name
Michal
Country
llSlovakia
You can sum the number of countersheets across all the products you own and multiply by 230 to get an approximate number.
(A standard 1/2" countersheet has 280 counters, a 5/8" has 176. If you make a reasonable estimate that half of the counter sheets are 5/8", you arrive at 228 counters per countersheet.)

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Strange! He must have clipped of some information provided on the counters then.

I have seen seriously mangled counters that were clipped in ways that make your heart bleed, but never truly round ones...

Well, with Olli's statement of 30,000 for some years ago, I have decided that the 'exact' number of counters I will have clipped when done will be 50,000.

Alas, I cannot follow up on the sage advice to count what must amount to 200,000 counter clippings. My kit clipped kit now looks so awesome that I had to give away one counter-clipping per groupie that attempted to storm my place.

View attachment 7870

von Marwitz
Yes counter info was clipped away elements of: FP, ML, Unit class and so on... This did not seem to bother the guy. I remember being gobsmacked at the sight of them though. Have never seen anything remotely like that again. Thankfully.