TOT30: RIGHT HOOK AT SUDKAMPEN

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone play this one? Looks pro-British on ROAR, but not that many playings 10 vs 3.

Balance looks strange as the INF could normally setup HIP if emplaced. No SSR stops the gun from being HIP and I don't see any notes for the gun that would do that either.

Screenshot from 2017-03-23 19-02-45.png

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Per (scenario) SSR 4, "TOT SSR 4 is in effect for all German units." Per TOT SSR 4.3, "German Marines may never use HIP for Emplaced Guns." The balance does not provide them with a way to HIP the Gun.

JR

Tesgora

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I played this game perhaps twenty years ago. The entry below from my ASL journal gives you my impression then:

15 April 1945, Right Hook at Sudkampen (TOT 30): Sudkampen, Germany. German vs. British (0/1). Comments: My first scenario from the Time on Target scenario pack depicting the fighting between British troops and the German 2nd Marine Infantry Division. In this scenario the German naval infantry defends a village with the support of a 150mm infantry gun and three Renault FT tanks from WWI. The British are almost all carrier or halftrack -borne, and supported by four Shermans DD and a bridgelayer. The scenario was less interesting than I thought. The British have to charge the village and there is no space for maneuver. Once the second portion of the British force has crossed the flooded stream, it is again a mad rush to occupy a maximum of buildings. The Brits won with just enough buildings controlled, one or two extra casualties would have lost the game for them.