Torment at Tormua ASL Scenario 164

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I was Tormented at Tormua by Tuomo Lakkari in Klaukkala. We diced for sides and I drew the Russians. I broke out new Suomi Battle Dice that we shared in his well worn Pleva Tower. I hope he left some good Suomi Sisu in them for me to take home because that day I could not pass an NMC with them

ROAR has this scenario pretty even with a good number of playings and only slightly pro Finn. But, my forrest road force was historically slow and my large force facing the village performed poorly. Too few Russians made it around the Finn left flank in the village before the Finn reinforcements started to arrive. The few Russians who ran up the middle tripped a few HIP'sters but were too few to be as effective as I had hoped. Finns had massive CVP points over the Russians by turn 5 so, I conceded and we feasted

Great meeting those guys and playing a fun scenario. I would play it again, even as the Russians

Lunch was awesome! Big feast of BBQ meat. I don't know if it was all the Sandals Beer I drank, but I loved the Gin soaked Herring in Lingonberries with boiled Summer Potatoes. What a host!

I wish I could figure out how to up load pictures small enough for this site to accept. I will try to get Kelly to put some on the ASL Facebook group page

Thank you guys, it was super fun

Last edited:

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Hi Keith,

it was a pleasure and a privilege to host you! One of the great things about ASL community is that you find people all over the plece to host you for a game !

I was Tormented at Tormua by Tuomo Lakkari in Klaukkala. We diced for sides and I drew the Russians. I broke out new Suomi Battle Dice that we shared in his well worn Pleva Tower. I hope he left some good Suomi Sisu in them for me to take home because that day I could not pass an NMC with them

ROAR has this scenario pretty even with a good number of playings and only slightly pro Finn. But, my forrest road force was historically slow and my large force facing the village performed poorly. Too few Russians made it around the Finn left flank in the village before the Finn reinforcements started to arrive. The few Russians who ran up the middle tripped a few HIP'sters but were too few to be as effective as I had hoped. Finns had massive CVP points over the Russians by turn 5 so, I conceded and we feasted

Great meeting those guys and playing a fun scenario. I would play it again, even as the Russians
In this scenario you have to be careful with the Russian tanks - if you lose a few it can put them behind in the VP race. But, I had some good luck with dice int right moments!

Lunch was awesome! Big feast of BBQ meat. I don't know if it was all the Sandals Beer I drank, but I loved the Gin soaked Herring in Lingonberries with boiled Summer Potatoes. What a host!

I wish I could figure out how to up load pictures small enough for this site to accept. I will try to get Kelly to put some on the ASL Facebook group page

Thank you guys, it was super fun
Happy to host and looking forward to rematch - next time we'll graduate to Koskenkorva.