TONS of Explosives missing in Iraq!

Kraut

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
halloween jack said:
Depending on if this article is proven true, there could be some serious repercussions for the Russians.
would you not mind to read Docs post just four posts above yours?? And than the two following replies to that post? :devious:

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Marines said:
You got that right!

The original post always degrades into something way off topic.

Remember that you and I have done this in the past.
I know, I won't say I don't get dragged into it at times, but it seems like it's been getting worse and worse, and I feel like you and I kept at least to a civil level, something that seems to occur with decreasing frequency.

purdyrc

Duke Nukem
Reaction score
Explosives there in April

A new video has surfaced showing US soldiers examining what appears to be the explosives in question, including several barrels with the IAEA seal in place.

Here's the link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6323933/

So it would appear that this is a renewed controversy. If this tape is accurate, that means the explosives did, in fact, disappear on our watch.

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have given this administration credit in my earlier post!

- Rick

Crash

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
purdyrc said:
A new video has surfaced showing US soldiers examining what appears to be the explosives in question, including several barrels with the IAEA seal in place.

Here's the link:

So it would appear that this is a renewed controversy. If this tape is accurate, that means the explosives did, in fact, disappear on our watch.

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have given this administration credit in my earlier post!

- Rick
I don't know if your link actually shows the video. Here is a link to the video: http://www.kstp.com/

:argh:

Rilie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Doc,

I'm by no means liberal.....BUT,

"Whatever was not buried was put on lorries and sent to the Syrian border," the defense official said.

This statement was credited to a pentagon source in the column there. When the last time you heard any American, let alone a 'well placed' U.S. gov't official call a truck a lorry??

Just found that strange, lowers credibility of the article.

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good catch Rilie - Maybe he's from England? It is odd for an American to call a truck a lorrie. I'm a big time Anglophile and I don't even talk like that.

As far as the new video tape goes, we'll have to see what exactly it showed and where.

The fact remains that 380 tons of HE aren't going to be carried out in wheel barrows or even a convoy of Toyota pick-ups. It would require some heavier lift and that probably would have been noticed.

Last edited:

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
purdyrc said:

Here's the link:

- Rick
So, you can verify that the video was taken at al Qaqaa? You DO realize that other sites, with IAEA sealed explosives, WERE secured by the US, right? I'm surprised you've been so easily turned-around on the subject, but then again, I know where your loyalties originaly WANT to be on this subject.

I think you should also take into account that MSNBC is the ONLY cable news network which Kerry agreed to give an inteview.

A saying with the phrase "...a grain of salt" comes to mind! ;)

Crash

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
CPangracs said:
A picture is worth a thousand words...

I posted a link to the actual video. If you watched the video you will see a box of 1.1d (high explosives which include HMX and RDX) with the word Alqaqaa on the box. You also see American's cutting off IAEA seals.

Have a look...

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Crash said:
A picture is worth a thousand words...

I posted a link to the actual video. If you watched the video you will see a box of 1.1d (high explosives which include HMX and RDX) with the word Alqaqaa on the box. You also see American's cutting off IAEA seals.

Have a look...
All that tells me is that maybe the whole story's crap to begin with! Who's to say that they aren't getting ready to destroy the explosives that are now "missing"? Why would you believe that one building's worth of stuff was looted, but nothing else was touched.

This whole deal stinks to high Heaven, and even Kerry has moved on to attacking the President for Halliburton. The crap never ends, and the goal is NOT what's best for the country, but what's best for ratings and John Kerry. :rolleyes:

It's getting to the point where I may vote for Nader just because I NEVER see him spouting crap anywhere, anytime, and knowing that a vote for Nader is a vote for W, I can then feel comfortable and have no guilt if, for some reason, W really screw's up, or Kerry gets elected, and the US Army switches to a Light Blue beret from their current black one. ;) I will have done my part to vote, yet elect neither of them!

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the lib’s are so willing to accept the idea that 300+ tons of explosives were smuggled out, right under the noses of our military – why, then, is it so hard to fathom that the same thing could’ve happened to WMD’s?

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
sickpup said:
If the lib’s are so willing to accept the idea that 300+ tons of explosives were smuggled out, right under the noses of our military – why, then, is it so hard to fathom that the same thing could’ve happened to WMD’s?
Because the WMD story was fabricated by Dick Cheney. The story was so good that Pres. Clinton expended our entire Cruise Missile inventory trying to destroy them. :cheeky:

Crash

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
CPangracs said:
This whole deal stinks to high Heaven, and even Kerry has moved on to attacking the President for Halliburton. The crap never ends, and the goal is NOT what's best for the country, but what's best for ratings and John Kerry. :rolleyes:
I do think it's important that we get to the bottom of this explosives issue.

The WHOLE reason Iraq was attacked was to avoid weapons falling into terrorist hands. To then go and practically hand them over would be outrageous to say the least.

purdyrc

Duke Nukem
Reaction score
CPangracs said:
So, you can verify that the video was taken at al Qaqaa? You DO realize that other sites, with IAEA sealed explosives, WERE secured by the US, right? I'm surprised you've been so easily turned-around on the subject, but then again, I know where your loyalties originaly WANT to be on this subject.

I think you should also take into account that MSNBC is the ONLY cable news network which Kerry agreed to give an inteview.

The embedded reporter and camera crew have gone on record saying that the video was, indeed shot at al Qaqaa. The soldiers in the video are from the unit that was in that sector. The dates match.

Remember, no one "saw" Oswald kill Kennedy. How do we know he did it? By piecing together the bits of facts we have.

If this video is confirmed, it is more than enough to prove the case.

And more than just MSNBC are picking up this story today. It just broke. Wait until the end of the day and maybe even FOX will air it! ;)

- Rick

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Crash said:
I do think it's important that we get to the bottom of this explosives issue.

The WHOLE reason Iraq was attacked was to avoid weapons falling into terrorist hands. To then go and practically hand them over would be outrageous to say the least.
Five will get you ten that this story never comes up again if Kerry manages to win the election...

For crying out loud, this story came out weeks ago - why do you suppose it's just now becoming headline news? Why is it that the newest terrorist video is damn near invisible in the mass media? Nope, no liberal bias here.

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
purdyrc said:
Remember, no one "saw" Oswald kill Kennedy. How do we know he did it? By piecing together the bits of facts we have.
Remember, we haven't "found" the WMD's. How do we know Saddam had them? By piecing together the bits of facts we have...

:(

purdyrc

Duke Nukem
Reaction score
sickpup said:
Remember, we haven't "found" the WMD's. How do we know Saddam had them? By piecing together the bits of facts we have...

:(
That's just it. There were no facts to "piece" together. If we had done our homework on this, we would have seen that there were no WMD in Saddam's posession. But we got lazy and "assumed" they were there because it was politically expediant to do so.

The result is the current quaqmire (there I've said it) that we find ourselves in.

- Rick

purdyrc

Duke Nukem
Reaction score
sickpup said:
Five will get you ten that this story never comes up again if Kerry manages to win the election...

For crying out loud, this story came out weeks ago - why do you suppose it's just now becoming headline news? Why is it that the newest terrorist video is damn near invisible in the mass media? Nope, no liberal bias here.
It's actually in Bush's best interest for the terrorist video to come out and it has. Every news outlet that I frequent (you know, the liberal kind) are all reporting it. If you aren't seeing it, switch to another channel.

- Rick

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
purdyrc said:
The embedded reporter and camera crew have gone on record saying that the video was, indeed shot at al Qaqaa. The soldiers in the video are from the unit that was in that sector. The dates match.

If this video is confirmed, it is more than enough to prove the case.

And more than just MSNBC are picking up this story today. It just broke. Wait until the end of the day and maybe even FOX will air it! ;)

- Rick
The reporters think they were at al Qaqaa; they weren't certain. We have no idea how much or what type of explosives they saw or what happened to those explosives afterward.

Btw - LBJ had JFK knocked off. ;)

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
purdyrc said:
That's just it. There were no facts to "piece" together. If we had done our homework on this, we would have seen that there were no WMD in Saddam's posession. But we got lazy and "assumed" they were there because it was politically expediant to do so.

The result is the current quaqmire (there I've said it) that we find ourselves in.

- Rick
Because the Spetsnatz moved them on lorries to Syria.