Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Setting up for ITR-10 Samurai Stalingrad. For having a more or less "scripted" setup, this one holds a million possibilities due to the overall 'pocketed' setups sprinkled around the map. Attack/defend/charge/flank (both sides!)? Just trying to put together a good GMD setup has been taxing my brain a lot more than some of the regular fare; and that's a good thing. I have a feeling this one will be a blast to play! 🆒

buser333

Reaction score
Setting up for ITR-10 Samurai Stalingrad. For having a more or less "scripted" setup, this one holds a million possibilities due to the overall 'pocketed' setups sprinkled around the map. Attack/defend/charge/flank (both sides!)? Just trying to put together a good GMD setup has been taxing my brain a lot more than some of the regular fare; and that's a good thing. I have a feeling this one will be a blast to play! 🆒
Very fun scenario. Be prepared for 20+ hours of goodness.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
That is a Scott Holst scenario isn't it? Been wanting to play it since it came out.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Had a bit of a counter clipping and sorting fest over the last few weeks. Just a few more sheets from Korea to complete and all my counters are clipped and punched. Minor exceptions being some of the counters from Lone Canuck. Also been shedding quite a few duplicate CH modules and CH counters via eBay.
Picked up a copy of DB 3rd edition for a very reasonable price, still to punch those counters, but as I have the first edition there is no immediate rush.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Clipping counters for two Manila scenarios to play solo.
Read FTC 12 booklet+scenarios ; have 3 scenarios from that pack want to play asap.
Reading over old SL Commando CG from Annual 92.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
While making my air-portable kit from my current kit (very slowly, I might add), I discovered that I was missing the Polish vehicle note 6 counters (wz.29 Ursus).

Since I have some blank counters and the MMP eASLRB, I decided to try making replacements. It worked. They aren't pretty, but they work.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
While making my air-portable kit from my current kit (very slowly, I might add), I discovered that I was missing the Polish vehicle note 6 counters (wz.29 Ursus).

Since I have some blank counters and the MMP eASLRB, I decided to try making replacements. It worked. They aren't pretty, but they work.

View attachment 21845

View attachment 21846
Any port in a storm. 😉

pj norton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Trent and I played another turn of RO CG II yesterday. Today I am continuing to clip my counters from Hue as Fred and I are playing a small one of these scenarios a week from now. I’m using a 2mm rounder for the corners of the Hue counters.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
playtesting again for Alan Findlay of Broken Ground fame, the last two scenarios I believe for his scenario pack. No idea when we will get this playtesting done but we've made a start at least. I think Alan's pack will be a good one (though I'm biased of course because I've got a scenario in it 🤣)

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
playtesting again for Alan Findlay of Broken Ground fame, the last two scenarios I believe for his scenario pack. No idea when we will get this playtesting done but we've made a start at least. I think Alan's pack will be a good one (though I'm biased of course because I've got a scenario in it 🤣)
The sooner playtesting is complete, the sooner it will come out [hint, hint]. ;)

Currently working on ROKA/KPA artwork for the KW scenario.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The sooner playtesting is complete, the sooner it will come out [hint, hint]. ;)

Currently working on ROKA/KPA artwork for the KW scenario.
ever consider doing a sheet of generic turrets in national colours maybe 20 of each? Like the old SL ones ace one side BU the other

M Faulkner

Disgruntled Democrat
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llUnited States
Started clipping the Japanese from Fire and Sword Manila. Also made my own sticky errata and applied it for same module.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
After nearing panic mode, I finally found my old-school overlays from Rivers To The Reich! I don't know how many of you do the same, but I put the front cover card from a scenario pack in a page protector at the front of its scenarios in my binders, and if the rear cover card from the pack has no scenario printed on its frontside I put it back to back with the front cover card in the same page protector. A nice way of presenting the front and back cover art in my binders, and providing separation between various packs.

Well, I found the RttR overlays in the page protector between the front and back cover cards! Sound organization, IMO, but absolutely maddening if you forget about it! 😂

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
After nearing panic mode, I finally found my old-school overlays from Rivers To The Reich! I don't know how many of you do the same, but I put the front cover card from a scenario pack in a page protector at the front of its scenarios in my binders, and if the rear cover card from the pack has no scenario printed on its frontside I put it back to back with the front cover card in the same page protector. A nice way of presenting the front and back cover art in my binders, and providing separation between various packs.

Well, I found the RttR overlays in the page protector between the front and back cover cards! Sound organization, IMO, but absolutely maddening if you forget about it! 😂
Sounds like you need to have some words with your administrative assistant. I think you'll find him in the bathroom looking in the mirror.😉