Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
033173, member: 8717"]
why would that be difficult? the counters are on top..... :p
[/QUOTE] I think Jackson means literally, in the photo unless you zoom in to see the recessed opening there are no handles to pull it open .

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
That's a funny storage:

Inserts mixed together from of good A75 / A78 RAACO, state of the art 3D printed inserts, and ancient cardboard 'things' so old that they must have been clubbered together from the fabric of now extinct trees... ?

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
When reading my emails today, I have been throughly surprised by a fellow ASLer whom I have never had the privilege to meet in person yet.

It is amazing, to be part of a community which you once have entered without any particular expectations and then learn that it is willing to give without asking. I am grateful to be part of this.

My thanks go out to the man who knows he is meant when he reads this.

Cheers,
von Marwitz

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
This - I ordered on the basis of MMP's warning that SV might not make it to retailers.
I did not order it as I have a few sets of the white ones, I’ve been bitten by the import tax all too often the most paid was over £250, that made the £8 handling charge of little consequence

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Today: I scanned/printed the scenarios from ASL Trio so I can use 'em for Game Day. I cross out the turns, write the date, players, win-loss, notes, etc. Then put the boards into my travel case.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Today: I scanned/printed the scenarios from ASL Trio so I can use 'em for Game Day. I cross out the turns, write the date, players, win-loss, notes, etc. Then put the boards into my travel case.
While the thick card stock is nice, it's too thick to put in the document feeder so each side has to be scanned manually.

First World problem

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I did not order it as I have a few sets of the white ones, I’ve been bitten by the import tax all too often the most paid was over £250, that made the £8 handling charge of little consequence
Olli - with VAT at 20% that means an order value of GBP £1,250. What were you buying?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Tonight, I have diced the living hell out of my poor opponent. I believe that I have never rolled so evilly low - ever:

This allowed me to shatter the defenses on the big hill pretty much in no time (where I have to secure the Level 3 locations). When that is done, I still need to take Hill 18O8 entirely and Russian reinforcements are due in Russian Turn 3. Below is the situation after German Turn 2.

Hopefully, I have not used up my luck for the rest of the year...

von Marwitz

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Olli - with VAT at 20% that means an order value of GBP £1,250. What were you buying?
It was a joint but with another ASLer, some rare, very Rare and ultimate Uber rate things for ASL, the later being a complete set of Blue bordered Black SS counters.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Haven't done anything ASL related for three weeks. Renovations are going on at home and I have been too busy and too uprooted to do any ASL.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Haven't done anything ASL related for three weeks. Renovations are going on at home and I have been too busy and too uprooted to do any ASL.
Scratch that. I'll name that a dog of an answer. We can read between the lines. Here is the corrected version:

For three weeks now, I have been diligently renovating my ASL man-cave (and some other parts of the house, cause wifey insisted). ;)

von Marwitz