Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Today in ASL, something truly remarkable struck me...

How many times have you read over the years in this forum, that due to the sophistication our beloved game of ASL demands from us, the exalted, sublime, and ethereal players, we should be chased and haunted by beautiful women?

And how many times have you dismissed that as a fairytale and fantasy, coming to the conclusion that this would at best be wishful thinking?

Now, there is hope. No, I go further to say there might be evidence that this is more than fantasy but can be reality!
I will not annoy you with hearsay but report solid personal experience:

My beloved and beautiful wife which I know for more than twenty years could prove the point. When we got to know each other, I was already playing ASL. And, believe it or not, some time before she met me, she had a boy-friend from another country, who also played ASL, and had no connection to me whatsoever. Not improbably there are less than 100 women in the history of mankind on whom such circumstances apply.

But there you go: Maybe it was her liking for men that play the game of games.
And I can attest, that my beloved wife is of unique quality.

So there can indeed be beautiful women that chase us ASLers for what we are, it's not a fairy-tale to be dismissed.
Or I was just lucky and rolled snakes on my wife-finding DR.

Despite our significant others won't read our ramblings about ASL in this forum (maybe for the better), this one goes out to their patience and understanding in supporting, tolerating or even enduring our hobby.

Where would we be without them?

Cheers,
von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Finished an exciting game of FT266 "A Fine Mess..." which was fun to play. A short AAR can be found here:

von Marwitz

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Sorting out my TPP counters. Have found 747 AE by BFP and 667 AE by LCP. These will certainly come in handy if I play Operation Downfall.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I finally started cutting counters to make my second set of ASL gear. My current well-worn set will go into containers chosen for air portability. The new counters will go into my BoxBox containers for home use and for car-able tournaments. I'm also transferring excess counters to "extras" bags. No need to carry every counter I ever purchased.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I finally started cutting counters to make my second set of ASL gear. My current well-worn set will go into containers chosen for air portability. The new counters will go into my BoxBox containers for home use and for car-able tournaments. I'm also transferring excess counters to "extras" bags. No need to carry every counter I ever purchased.

View attachment 12687
I see the tools of the trade...

My recommendation is to use the deluxe clipper only.

And take the time to experiment / adhere to a position of your arm and wrist (especially) that will cause a minimum of strain. It will save you some pain...

I would advise not to 'binge-clip' - might get painful after a day or two. I did two or three RAACO insersts a day for a week or two at a time. When I was fed up with clipping, I let things rest for a couple of weeks. Altogether, clipping a double OoB took me a year (during most of which I 'paused' as outlined).

von Marwitz

Last edited:

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Organized my Time on Target German counters and scenarios.
Took pic of German 105 flak gun+notes from ToT#2 for a discussion here,and also posted it on ASL Facebook group.
Clipped some Gun counters from BV to replace old counters from 1st edition.
Downloaded some original SL scenarios from Squad Leader Academy website to adapt to ASL.
Looking at late war scenarios in Germany for solo play.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Finished a game of J175 Bedburg Bite tonight in which I had to fend off the most vicious and relentlessly aggressive attack that I have faced for quite a while.

Here is the AAR.

Cheers,
von Marwitz

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Punching my OtOv2 counters. Separating out the different types of Russian AFV (FT tanks, mine rollers, lend lease) and Russian aircraft (with rockets and without rockets).