Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm working on unscrewing my FW counter storage. I initially crammed all counters into a single Plano. I finally got around to buying another Plano and printed some FW Excel speradsheets from the Texas ASL downloads page and I am getting things straightened out. With so much great Korean War content lately, I'm finally getting to use my counters!

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
[
This morning my espresso said ..

Disregard that naysayer. What does coffee know about ASL anyway? Now, if it was expensive whiskey . . . .
Yeah you can keep your expensive whiskey I’ll stick to the expensive Whisky!

JAGgamer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Yeah you can keep your expensive whiskey I’ll stick to the expensive Whisky"

Fair enough. You say potato,I say potatoe You say tomato, I say tomatoe.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You say Corpseman, I say Corpsman
We had a corpsman in Fallujah that kept a marine alive after he was hit by a pressure plate IED that took off both legs above the knees. He rode with him all the way to Fallujah surgical performing lifesaving cpr. His sister (marines) sent a shirt over to have all of the Bravo company marines sign as a gift for him.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Going back through the "Eight Steps to ASL" with a friend. Tonight was Lesson 1 with The Guards Counterattack. I had the Russians. We called it at the end of Russian T2. At that point, I had rolled six 1,1 (three on MC, three on IFT) four 1,2 and six other rolls less than "6".

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Going back through the "Eight Steps to ASL" with a friend. Tonight was Lesson 1 with The Guards Counterattack. I had the Russians. We called it at the end of Russian T2. At that point, I had rolled six 1,1 (three on MC, three on IFT) four 1,2 and six other rolls less than "6".
I played that one recently - neatly 30-odd years after first playing it, it's lost none of its magic.

Last edited:

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Worked on Consolidation Phase for solo play of Konigsberg CG. About to start scenario #4 (Am 8 April 1945.)

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Sat down last night to incorporate the latest pages of rules and Chapter H content I've picked up with the rulebook. Looked at the new pages...looked at the rulebook...looked at my pile of poly pockets...looked at the time...and decided to leave it til the weekend. :)

My excuse-to-self was that I didn't think I had enough poly pockets....

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I saw on Facebook today Scott Holst is selling his ASL collection as he states he lost interest in the game. He could be a D-bag at times but sometimes his criticisms were justified and dished out more than a few ASL nuggets on the game. Hopefully he finds his ASL mojo again down the road.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I met him for the first time at ASLOK 30 we had a from a recent CH pack and had a blast. Was nice to play against him real shame he’s selling up .

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I saw on Facebook today Scott Holst is selling his ASL collection as he states he lost interest in the game. He could be a D-bag at times but sometimes his criticisms were justified and dished out more than a few ASL nuggets on the game. Hopefully he finds his ASL mojo again down the road.
He's selling but he didn't say he lost interest did he? I notice some of his stuff are in shrink. Perhaps those are extras

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
He said: just do not have the interest I had back in the day. So instead of having this stuff gather dust, I have decided to sell it all off.”

he has pictures of his home counter sets along with everything else so unless he is going all VASL, it sounds like he will sell off his entire collection for the right price (he wants 6-7K).

He's selling but he didn't say he lost interest did he? I notice some of his stuff are in shrink. Perhaps those are extras