Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
About to call an end to Mission 3,Pursuit, in my homemade Warsaw SASL CG. Heavily modified to allow for use of FRIENDLY partisan company.

Start of German turn 7 Rally Phase. Germans will probably concede as partisans way ahead on points and they do not have enough Activated units to try and retake either bridge.Partisans are dug in around the northern bridges and are making sure to not Activate any more S?,even though ENEMY Activation Check # is only a 2. Partisan hs got lucky and had four S? counters in its LOS roll for Activation,and none of them did.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DYO scenario. A little known fact of geography: in Ethiopia there is a section of terrain that is similar to some small hilltops in Gettysburg,Pennsylvania. It is here in 1936 a major clash took place between Italian colonial forces and forces of Emperor Haile Selassie,in an area known as "Yenohi Washa".

Ethiopian forces lay in wait to ambush an Italian supply column bringing reinforcements and supplies to a lone outpost. Can the Ethiopians storm the outpost before the Italian column arrives?

Next mission in SASL CG Warsaw 1944, Pockets--Germans are fortifying positions on the main road thru this part of the city as well as one of the churches. Poles are back to full strength but will have a hard mission digging out the German defenders.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Today I started spraypainting/coating my new counterset......

Getting ready for the final 20 years of my ASL life, hopefully with tons of face to face play.....

Thanks to Sean, Doug and Bill for their inspirational countersets and storage systems, as well as practical advice!

Disadvantage: even loosing a single 2-3-6 Conscript HS is going to hurt, from now on.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Did some editing on a scenario draft. Maybe one day I will get something published again...

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
At an airport

• May I open your luggage Sir?
  • Sure
  • There's something i want to see...here, what's this?
  • It's a dice tower
  • Oh, I've never seen one....(looking carefully at it) is there something inside?
  • (I point with the finger the zig-zaging pattern dice do inside the tower)
  • I will take back this for a few seconds, you can already put on your shoes (going to the x-ray system)
  • (coming back after a few seconds) thanks, it's probably the most interesting thing i've seen today, have a nice evening
  • Thank you, you too

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At an airport

• May I open your luggage Sir?
  • Sure
  • There's something i want to see...here, what's this?
  • It's a dice tower
  • Oh, I've never seen one....(looking carefully at it) is there something inside?
  • (I point with the finger the zig-zaging pattern dice do inside the tower)
  • I will take back this for a few seconds, you can already put on your shoes (going to the x-ray system)
  • (coming back after a few seconds) thanks, it's probably the most interesting thing i've seen today, have a nice evening
  • Thank you, you too
But you missed your chance to handout the ASL brochure and proselytize for the great cause, and you had him 1/2 hooked with the old dice tower ploy. Next time don't let them get away so easily George...you alone could recruit a whole squad's worth of new players.

Last edited:

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
But you missed your chance to handout the ASL brochure and proselytize for the great cause, and you had him 1/2 hooked with the old dice tower ploy. Next time don't let them get away so easily George...you alone could recite a whole squad's worth of new players.
I also had in the luggage the VBM gauge...he failed to take the bait :)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I’m sure somebody a few years ago suggested this idea

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The thought of selling ASL jewelry pushed an idea into my mind. How about selling ASL on HSN or QVC?

JR

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Today Chris and I playtested the title track of the second Death To Fascism Pack, after making some major changes yesterday. Now in version 7....lots of work left on this one....but it finally worked the way we hoped it would.....which means nailbiting and brain crushing.

Great fun and we want to make sure the title track matches "Blitzkrieg!" from the first pack in its size/scope/challenge level.