Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
It's just too quite...something bad seems like its going to happen soon...

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
The VC are up to something but my scouts have not detecting anything yet...

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I used to play a ton of Steel Panthers. I was pretty good af figuring out when my buddies tanks would be at a particular location and have tons of artillery waiting for him. The burning tanks would let me know if I was right or not!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I still play both SPWW2 and SPMBT from Shrapnel, they are the only two games in the series that has been in development, updated, upgraded and work for Windows 7-10, Linux/Mac for the last 21 + years.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Small DYO solo action from a book about Panzer Abteilung 208, ready on table.

Chiampernotto,Italy-July 3, 1944--Italian partisans use one of their captured artillery pieces against elements of 1.Kompanie/Pz.Abt.208 and supporting Italian Fascist troops conducting "Unternehmen 10 Geschutze" (Operation Ten Guns.) Gun crew hit at least one tank causing no damage before they were killed by tank gun round. The Axis column continued on after an intense shootout with the partisans,going on to recover most of the captured guns in a four day operation.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Small DYO solo action from a book about Panzer Abteilung 208, ready on table.

Chiampernotto,Italy-July 3, 1944--Italian partisans use one of their captured artillery pieces against elements of 1.Kompanie/Pz.Abt.208 and supporting Italian Fascist troops conducting "Unternehmen 10 Geschutze" (Operation Ten Guns.) Gun crew hit at least one tank causing no damage before they were killed by tank gun round. The Axis column continued on after an intense shootout with the partisans,going on to recover most of the captured guns in a four day operation.

View attachment 8008
Looks as if they tripped the ambush too early. Should have waited for them to enter the kill-zone.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Couple of more in Vietnam:

Charlies is slowly sneaking up on me...

This is the next turn, the VC slipped right in undetected and grabbed those two Victory Hexes, I did manage to KO the two VC units that grabbed them but not with out loosing 8 men in that platoon. That chopper has been a godsend and has KO'ed a RPG team and a full squad by its self. One of my M48A2 lost a main gun. This is the next turn in this sector:

Great fun game MBT is...

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Scot is sort of correct, I have not played competitive ASL since 2015, have been in burnout, and been playing SPWW2 and SPMBT lately. Been slowly looking at VASL and re-reading some of the rulebook again. Have two log files but not made a lot of progress.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Great fun game MBT is...
Apparently not fun enough to have its own discussion forum? Coming to an ASL website and posting in an ASL thread that you're not playing ASL is maybe OK once or twice? Why are we seeing multiples of this post, day after day?

If you don't want to talk about ASL stuff, fine. I request that you find somewhere else to not talk about ASL stuff.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Spent my down time today getting the VASL KFW extension closer to completion. Almost ready for testing. I'd estimate public release in early May. Also am getting close to releasing an unofficial extension that allows customizable VASL Ldr and MMC counters. Forgot who wanted this but it's almost ready.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Spent my down time today getting the VASL KFW extension closer to completion. Almost ready for testing. I'd estimate public release in early May. Also am getting close to releasing an unofficial extension that allows customizable VASL Ldr and MMC counters. Forgot who wanted this but it's almost ready.
Customizable MMC and Ldr!! That’s going to make playtesting easier (In the case of new nationalities). Thanks so much!!