Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
More clipping business...

British 1/2" counters all done, also Ordnance.
Only the other half Assorter left with the vehicles, which are less counters than the other half with the Infantry, SW, etc.

I believe, tonight I have completed 2/3 of the overall effort, which means 2 Handy Cases and 1 left to go.

Grinding forward!

von Marwitz

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finished importing the North Koreans into the KFW VASL extension. OUNC and Chinese to go. Counters are all done so import goes quicker. Also squashed some bugs that were attracted to the searchlights. They seem to be working now:

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Looking and reading through Red Factories. Familiarising myself with the RO CGs and scenarios.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pushing some pieces around on Zerf map before starting scenarios.

Lining up some DYO Ethiopian-Italian small-scale action too for solo play.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Finished clipping the Italians. Now only the Hungarians, Axis Minors and Allied Minors remain.

The end is in sight...

von Marwitz

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Gavutu-Tanambogo starts up again!! The last Assault Period out of the four in "Sand & Blood CG".

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Finished clipping the Italians. Now only the Hungarians, Axis Minors and Allied Minors remain.

The end is in sight...

von Marwitz
Hey von Marwitz, if you ever find yourself with some spare time, just come over to Bordeaux. I have a spare room where all the ASL stuff is kept, and there's several modules worth of nice counters ready for your clipping fury...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Gavutu-Tanambogo starts up again!! The last Assault Period out of the four in "Sand & Blood CG".
It's hard to tell what happened, but it's possible that the 10-2 being vaporized at the cave mouth was played incorrectly. If it was an American 10-2, it's hard to imagine that the Japanese can produce a 36 -4 attack from a cave. That said, units in a cave are not considered Known for berserk-unit creation/charge [G11.97]. Now it's possible that the American 10-2 ran by a cave mouth and was zapped, but I'm going to guess not. If it was a Japanese 10-2 that was zapped and it was in a cave, units in a cave treat a Berserk result as a Battle Harden instead [G11.97]. Again without the details I can't tell if that was played correctly or not. I'm speculating based on you mentioning a cave mouth that either the charge was toward the cave or that the unit was in the cave when it went berserk.

JR