Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

daniel zucker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
continued to work on my eASLRB. I proofing Chap G and adding lots of graphics for each example. In some of the examples I'm breaking it down by each sentence to show what the example is about.

ozradio

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played my first scenario with caves. Playtest, I was attacking and really had no idea how to go about approaching them.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Played my first scenario with caves. Playtest, I was attacking and really had no idea how to go about approaching them.
  • Place DC
  • Set DC
  • Climb down from the top and dangle DC
  • Stuff it full of WP, ID connected caves and give out MC after MC
  • Drive a Bulldozer into it

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I recently started a PBEM match of J136 MUDDY MAYHEM, a scenario from Suicide Creek. I had to chuckle a bit when I saw how little I see of the Japanese OB at the start. The Japanese have ten squads, six crews, two INF guns, eight concealment counters, ten pillboxes among other things. All I see at start is five stacks.
SC3.jpgSC3.jpgSC3.jpg

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
I recently started a PBEM match of J136 MUDDY MAYHEM, a scenario from Suicide Creek. I had to chuckle a bit when I saw how little I see of the Japanese OB at the start. The Japanese have ten squads, six crews, two INF guns, eight concealment counters, ten pillboxes among other things. All I see at start is five stacks.
View attachment 6687View attachment 6687View attachment 6687
Played this recently myself and had a similar double-take moment when I saw my opponent's setup (or lack thereof)

S

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
Are going to play the rest with the CG as a finale?

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Today I returned from a 2.5 day Death To Fascism 2020 scenario design testing marathon.

In 2.5 days in the cottage, Chris and I played ASL for 33 hours solid.

We played one scenario three times, one scenario twice and the last one once. So a total of six rounds of playtesting.

Very very pleased with the progress made......and we had a ton of fun.

First Ever: I managed to Set a Demo Charge during play, detonate it succesfully (blowing a 3-2-8 HS to smithereens) and placing a very, very useful rubble in the hex.

Happy New Year everyone !

Elfego Baca

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To add .....

Besides asking the bast way to store all of my mapboards, I've been photocopying/filing all my recently-acquired MMP scenario cards into their respective Journal/WO/AP/whatever binders.

Yeah, I guess I should also be looking for a game. :D

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Spent most of the evening updating my Starter Kit To Hit/To Kill and IFT charts and uploaded them to Boardgamegeek. They're in the Decision at Elst files section if anyone's interested.

JAGgamer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Today I pulled the OB counters for Shklov's Labor Lost and printed a slightly enlarged version of Board 1 to play on. Placed the map in my poster frame. First FTF game in a year will happen Thursday after work!

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I finally finished punching Forgotten War and sorted the counters into a single Plano 3701. If I find that I am routinely getting the opportunity to play Korea (I'm certainly game for Korea any time), then I will get these counters reorganized and spread over multiple Plano - it's more than a bit crowded right now.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
After setting up a new computer and getting into the new OS, migrating the old stuff, I am catching up on the stuff going on here.

von Marwitz

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Sauerkrauten, West Germany was a great place to visit and their Pom Fritz were spectacular too! I didn’t make it to Kraut Corner though, heard it was a great place.

:)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Sauerkrauten, West Germany was a great place to visit and their Pom Fritz were spectacular too! I didn’t make it to Kraut Corner though, heard it was a great place.

:)
Try 'Fucking' in Austria or 'Titz' and 'Petting' in Germany and you'll actually arrive somewhere.
And if you are fed up with too much 'Hanf' (manila) or 'Drogen' (drugs) you can actually go to 'Kotzen' (puke).

Cheers,
von Marwitz

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Try 'Fucking' in Austria or 'Titz' and 'Petting' in Germany and you'll actually arrive somewhere.
And if you are fed up with too much 'Hanf' (manila) or 'Drogen' (drugs) you can actually go to 'Kotzen' (puke).

Cheers,
von Marwitz
I've been to Blue Ball and Intercourse Pensylvania. Just down the highway from Bird In Hand

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I been to the Bridges at Gerlafingen, fought at the Tank Battle at Metalwaren, and seen many a firefights near Ebersburen, Versbach, Feldschlossn, Ditzendorf, Rockenberg, Oppershofen, Steinfurth, Wolfersheim, Wohnbach, Obbornhofen, Nieder, Wisselsheim, Mellbach, Bisses, Grund Schwalleim, Echzell, Gettnau, Utphe, Berstadt and Unter Widdersheim.

One of my favorite places is From the Halls of Fremdingen to the Shores of the Riese...

Bonus points for which board wargame (modern) these came from, +10 for publisher and +25 for the games. LOL

Reactions: Goh