Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Finished clipping my double German OoB today.

Having startet October 4th, total progress so far is all function counters and the Germans. Up next are the Finnish. When they are done, I will have the equivalent of one RAACO Handy Box, i.e. four Assorters done. That will be 1/3 of my kit completed.

And, alas, 2/3 of my kit yet to tackle.

von Marwitz

c600g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have found that clipping my counters pales in significance (and is almost relaxing as compared) to trying to figure out a good storage system (no RAACO here in the states). Just when I think I have things settled down, new counters appear blowing my organization method out of the water. Where do I put the DFF SW / DFF IF counters from AOO? They won't fit in where I have the existing DFF counters, so that means something else must give.

Having perfected your storage system already, you now only need worry about the soothing counter clipping that ASL provides...

Alan

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have found that clipping my counters pales in significance (and is almost relaxing as compared) to trying to figure out a good storage system (no RAACO here in the states). Just when I think I have things settled down, new counters appear blowing my organization method out of the water. Where do I put the DFF SW / DFF IF counters from AOO? They won't fit in where I have the existing DFF counters, so that means something else must give.

Having perfected your storage system already, you now only need worry about the soothing counter clipping that ASL provides...

Alan
It's like I tell my kids, "No one says life is fair, but it sure sucks when it's not fair to you."

:)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany

Alan
Counter storage no matter what your system is, is like painting the Forth and Tay Rail bridges, never ending a new module comes out with new counters , everything gets shifted along and new boxes to purchase!

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

Alan
I agree. Despite some basic ways to store counters were available in the net when I started off thinking about storage, I greatly underestimated the effort it takes. The greatest mistake one can make IMHO is to start off with a new storage system without thinking it through in meticulous detail before that. This includes making up one's mind what style of storage system one wants - even before selecting the physical components. Because this was a lot of work where much time can be lost or wasted, I took the time to write a quite extensive 'How to' article available in the Download section of this forum of what things to think through. It focuses on RAACO but the process of how to start begins with thoughts before picking the physical components.

It is a good thing that I only started with contemplating a system for counter-storage when my kit was complete, i.e. all WW2 Core Modules were published. Taken together with my decision not to include TPP counters into my basic kit nor HASLs or post-WW2 (Korea) or possible pre-WW2 stuff makes that system quite resilient to change.

IMHO it is better to add extra stuff in separte Assorters (if you use RAACO) as you will not need most of it anyway most of the time. This eliminates the need for constant adaptation of the 'basic kit', which would be a real PITA.

von Marwitz

fzmann

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finished coating and clipping Broken Ground counters (Finnish, Italians, Poles) for inclusion in the travel set.
I must say the counters look really nice, especially in the case of the Italians, that I'm seriously considering making these BG counters the home set and the original counters the travel set

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Finished coating and clipping Broken Ground counters (Finnish, Italians, Poles) for inclusion in the travel set.
I must say the counters look really nice, especially in the case of the Italians, that I'm seriously considering making these BG counters the home set and the original counters the travel set
Alan is atthe moment working on the PTO sets

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I just came across this old goodie when reviewing the excellent article about Prisoners lately mentioned by Tuomo published in 'The Forward Observer' (Summer 2001 issue):

1542565510656.png

von Marwitz

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I just came across this old goodie when reviewing the excellent article about Prisoners lately mentioned by Tuomo published in 'The Forward Observer' (Summer 2001 issue):

View attachment 6211

von Marwitz
I don't know... It doesn't seem too bad from up here:

RB.jpg

cheddarg

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Today (well yesterday) me and my also-learning ftf buddy played Gavin Take for the second time, with nigh-on full rules. Some of the terrain rules are still a bit confusing, but it was a blast overall.

We played in our FLGS, amongst a large-ish contingent of Keyforge tournament players, who I like to think were totally baffled by what we were doing as they shuffled their decks, discussing win-conditions and what not..

Big shout out to my remote tutors who have provided excellent help so far: buser333, Nearmiss and charlie

Looking forward to more!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Finished clipping the Finnish OoB yesterday. Now 1/3 of the total (in use) kit is done.

Russians are up next.

von Marwitz