Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Today I measured the many HASL maps I want to make full copies of (to have non-folded, thick-paper copies that I intend to keep flat).

I never noticed how many different formats there are out there! Some are just a little too wide to fit in A1 format (59.4 x 84.1 cm, or 23.4 x 33.1 inches); the Onslaught to Orsha map won't even fit in an A0 sleeve, being 139cm in length.

The Objective: Schmidt are slightly too long for A1, but they have some padding that I can cut out.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Continuing my overlay scan, print & laminate project. My printer died so I replaced it. The colors that this new (used) printer was printing were muddy, dark and not very accurate. There were lots of possible reasons for this, for instance I am using off-brand ink. One of the possibilities was that the printer color profile needed to be changed. I found a profile that was for a similar printer and for paper similar to the paper I am using on the site where I bought my good paper. Wow, what a difference. It's probably not a perfect color match, but it's certainly good enough for my overlay project.

edit: on further study, it may not be the printer color profile. I now think the scans may be off. So many variables.

JR

Last edited:

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I set a new personal record in getting an ASL product from the store to the table. I bought Hatten just over one week ago and I am playing scenario HF4 with Erik Lindblad today. :hellyes:
Wait until you have received punched,clipped AND set up a Death Ride Kursk game ( I got, Punched,clipped & set up 'Seeing Ghosts' from DRK-Totenkopf & played the first 2 turns all within 24 Hours), DRK makes ASL look small in comparison (unless of course you have a collection the size of Ollie's).

all the best

Perry

P.S my ASl record is KGS received and punched and 'Red Army Day' set up and started to play within 48hrs.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just realized I only played 10 scenarios and 5 CG dates this year, a huge drop in my "ASL productivity"! At this rate, I will need to live to 352 to play them all.

I did make a decision to cut my # of PBeMs though, now at 8. Plus I did read a few more of my books, which is a good thing.

Last edited:

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Collected digitally scanned copies of Hatten, op a Turnscrew and Operation Stack maps today , multiples of the former and Latter to be able to cut out the scenario play areas, posted pics on both ASL FB groups as its to much bother to shrink and post them here.

c600g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Started clipping my DB 3e counters this AM. I find if I can clip for 30 minutes in the morning, I'll eventually have all of my counters clipped. Also, anyone else have the brass "sleeve" on the Oregon Laminations counter clipper pop out? I just slide it back in, but it now always works loose after a few score counters are clipped.

IMG_20180927_072531.jpg

Alan

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Started clipping my DB 3e counters this AM. I find if I can clip for 30 minutes in the morning, I'll eventually have all of my counters clipped. Also, anyone else have the brass "sleeve" on the Oregon Laminations counter clipper pop out? I just slide it back in, but it now always works loose after a few score counters are clipped.

View attachment 5869

Alan

Alan:

I've clipped the entire ASL OoB and have not had this happen to me.

Cheers,

Mark

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

View attachment 5869

Alan
Those look nice. I might just have to clip my new kit.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

View attachment 5869

Alan
There seem to be Oregon Deluxe Counter Clippers that appear to be indestructible and do their work for tens of thousands of counters without issue. Then there are reports of others that seem to break pretty quickly.

You could search Youtube for videos on experiences with this type of clipper. And also various ones for various sorts of repairs. I spent some time on that a couple of months ago to determine, which clipper would be the best one and if the potential risk of such an expensive piece of kit breaking after a few thousand counters is worthwhile to pay for.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

TomK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Today in ASL I...packed a little for ASLOK. I also scanned the Forgotten War scenarios and added them to my digital collection. I have about 3000+ scenarios in the collection.

Joe Moro

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Playing J32 Panzer Graveyard

T2 German Rally..i have two DM mmc with 9-1 leader

first squad - rally attempt ... roll 1,1... jumping for joy..life is good!!

HOB +1 for being broken ...roll 6,5..not adjacent..Disrupted ! brought down to earth with a thud!!

second squad rally attempt...1,1... this is the one!!
HOB +1 again..rollingggggg 6,6... NO!!!!!!

dice giveth...dice taketh away !!!!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Uh-oh! That hurts in this scenario. Not a lot of German infantry around and just any of them is sorely needed to hold back the Russian onslaught.

Nice scenairo by the way.

von Marwitz