Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Looks like you were in da hood...:cool:
At least the Meeplemart had some games.
I remember the days (late '80s) when comic shops had almost as many games as comics, often some really good buys on used games.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Looks like you were in da hood...:cool:
At least the Meeplemart had some games.
I remember the days (late '80s) when comic shops had almost as many games as comics, often some really good buys on used games.
Yeah mate, I picked up Operation Watchtower and a couple of others from Hairy Tarantula North a couple of years ago .. no more. Having said that, they do have games - Miniatures, DND, Eurogames etc - just not wargames.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Today (about an hour ago) I clipped the last unclipped counter that I owned...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. DONE. EXCLAMATION POINT.

I don't know if anyone here will care, but I expect that many of you at least can appreciate just how momentous this can be for a guy. Over the last two years, I have acquired the newest editions of the following (all new and unpunched):

Beyond Valor
Valor of the Guards
Yanks
For King and Country
Rising Sun
Hakkaa Päälle
Doomed Battalions
Armies of Oblivion
Forgotten War: Korea

Poland in Flames
Into the Rubble 2
Blood and Jungle 2
Crucible of Steel 2
High Ground 2
Beyond the Beachhead 2
Operation Cobra
Operation: Schmidt

(Plus AP: 3-13; Winter Offensive: 1-9; Best of Friends; Turning the Tide; Rivers to the Reich; Out of the Attic - Issue #2; ASL Journals 2, 11, 12). Sorry, if this all sounds like bragging - not my intent!! Anyone know how many counters in all of the above? 15,000? 20,000?

Most of the work was completed in the last three months.

...Kinda numb to it all right now... Perhaps in a few days I will randomly break out in ecstatic song!:jig:

P.S. How long until my neck and shoulders recover?

P.S.S. Curse the Forumites who tempt impressionable minds into the black arts of counter clipping!

P.S.S.S. Now don't anyone tempt me with another TPP Company! I'm satisfied (...I think).

Last edited:

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Today (about an hour ago) I clipped the last unclipped counter that I owned...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. DONE. EXCLAMATION POINT.

I don't know if anyone here will care, but I expect that many of you at least can appreciate just how momentous this can be for a guy. Over the last two years, I have acquired the newest editions of the following (all new and unpunched):

Beyond Valor
Valor of the Guards
Yanks
For King and Country
Rising Sun
Hakkaa Päälle
Doomed Battalions
Armies of Oblivion
Forgotten War: Korea

Poland in Flames
Into the Rubble 2
Blood and Jungle 2
Crucible of Steel 2
High Ground 2
Beyond the Beachhead 2
Operation Cobra
Operation: Schmidt

(Plus AP: 3-13; Winter Offensive: 1-9; Best of Friends; Turning the Tide; Rivers to the Reich; Out of the Attic - Issue #2; ASL Journals 2, 11, 12). Sorry, if this all sounds like bragging - not my intent!! Anyone know how many counters in all of the above? 15,000? 20,000?

Most of the work was completed in the last three months.

...Kinda numb to it all right now... Perhaps in a few days I will randomly break out in ecstatic song!:jig:

P.S. How long until my neck and shoulders recover?

P.S.S. Curse the Forumites who tempt impressionable minds into the black arts of counter clipping!

P.S.S.S. Now don't anyone tempt me with another TPP Company! I'm satisfied (...I think).
Wow, congratulations! I hope to be able to say the same, someday. :)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I hope more than that for you - I hope you'll be able to say one day:

"I did not only clip all my counters but I also clipped all of von Marwitz's counters before that, too. I did it because it just felt the right thing to do. I don't really know von Marwitz but at least most of the time he does not appear to be a complete dumb-ass and he sure loathes the shit-load of work to clip all his counters himself despite he surely would like them clipped by the same Oregon 2mm counter clipper which I eventually used for my own counters. I do really feel good about having done this and you bet von Marwitz does, too!"

von Marwitz

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
That's a butt-load of counters to be sure!
One reason I still prefer the C4 cutter jig to any 'single counter at a time' clipper, you can do 8-10 at a swipe.
Hakkaa Paalle took me about an hour to clip.

Either way, it's a nice feeling to know you're caught up (for now :waiting: Red Factories/Red October is still on the way).

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
In case your eyes hurt from this recent greenish radioactive color this forum comes in since this afternoon:

Look at the bottom left of your page where you can see a paintbrush followed by "GS Aqua". Click on it to get rid of it...

Zwischenablage02.jpg

The only two choices bearable are GS blue (what we had until yesterday) or GS green. But the rest?!

Zwischenablage01.jpg

Aqua, Desert, Violet...

For gawds sake, it won't be long until we get KGP Lavender as the default style... o_O

von Marwitz

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for all the love (um, I mean "likes") guys. And I guess thanks to von Marwitz as well...but why couldn't someone have told me sooner that Brad M-V offers clipper services?

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks for all the love (um, I mean "likes") guys. And I guess thanks to von Marwitz as well...but why couldn't someone have told me sooner that Brad M-V offers clipper services?
von Marwitz will get his clipped after I do mine. He doesn't realise I only clip my counters when they're required for play though, so I'm most likely no different then Jeffery D Myers & the Hongkongwargamer in that I probably won't get mine all clipped either. Hope this eases the stress that you had to do it all yourself. ;-)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
von Marwitz will get his clipped after I do mine. He doesn't realise I only clip my counters when they're required for play though, so I'm most likely no different then Jeffery D Myers & the Hongkongwargamer in that I probably won't get mine all clipped either. Hope this eases the stress that you had to do it all yourself. ;-)
Brad, you seriously need to play more ASL. :nod:

von Marwitz

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Clipping service , sure I do

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You said that before and I took you up on it. So far you have not come up with what you might want for it. Remember the PM?

Cheers,
von Marwitz
The corners of your avatar seem to have been clipped to a 1mm standard. No one here is capable of the precision that's required to properly satisfy your elegant tastes, Herr von Marwitz. Also, gearing up to handle such a request would even be too costly for a noble such as yourself. So, good luck with that... <g>

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
You said that before and I took you up on it. So far you have not come up with what you might want for it. Remember the PM?

Cheers,
von Marwitz
that's because I have not got a clue what to charge to be honest