Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I just got it dude.
It looks finely made!

Time to find out if it is a 'precision dice-tower'. Make two samples of 1000 DRs within and without the dicetower with your normal set of dice and determine if results aberrate from expectations... :D

BTW, is it a 'loud' tower? I have noted the absence of padding. Padding would reduce noise but on the other hand obscure the fine wood. Maybe time for innovative silk padding... ;)

von Marwitz

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It looks finely made!

Time to find out if it is a 'precision dice-tower'. Make two samples of 1000 DRs within and without the dicetower with your normal set of dice and determine if results aberrate from expectations... :D

BTW, is it a 'loud' tower? I have noted the absence of padding. Padding would reduce noise but on the other hand obscure the fine wood. Maybe time for innovative silk padding... ;)

von Marwitz
Ha!

I had that worry too but it ain't too bad. The wood actually sounds pretty good. If you turn on the speaker while playing that short youtube video you will know what I mean.

Rgds Jack

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Looks loverly! Cut a piece out of an old mounted board to fit the bottom of the tray if the dice do bounce too much.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Played SK scenario S48 Converging Assaults, the second of two linked US vs Italian scenarios.

My son Tom had a bunch of Italians left from the previous scrap, while I had a strong elite US infantry and Para force.
His reinforcements were a 1st line inf coy and 8 improved R35 tanks.

I wasn't aggressive enough with Mr. 10-3 last time, so I put him and a handful of inf squads and the MMG in the stone building dominating the inf coy's entry area. They were gonna pay!
That they did, The buzzsaw worked steadily all game with only 1 turn off for a MMG malf. Never got rate with it, though.

First turn saw me deplete 2 of my 3 BAZ 43s!
Turn 3 all my Paras broke and ran, then the tanks flooded in through the back door and failed to rout a bunch of guys.
I had no chance at all after that, but we played it out 'til the end. since the point is that he learn the game.

He held his tanks back until an opening appeared, then got behind my positions with his inf in front.
Eventually squads broke, and often had nowhere to go.
Smart play on his part, and I was running out of troops and real estate.

A good game, he's coming along nicely!
He also got called for orientation tomorrow for his first job, so a good day overall! :D

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
One other thing today .. I told the China ASL'rs about Russ Bunten and his famous line
"Shut Up & Play!"
(.. and everyone's in full agreement!)

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Setting up "Shanghai In Flames" for a little live VASL Tuesday evening.

I've got the Chinese and I've distributed extra matches to all the troops. Going to try and channel my inner pyromaniac and torch everything in sight.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Setting up "Shanghai In Flames" for a little live VASL Tuesday evening.

I've got the Chinese and I've distributed extra matches to all the troops. Going to try and channel my inner pyromaniac and torch everything in sight.
Oh yes - this scenario ROCKS :hellyes:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Cleaned up and added to my pre-order list as well as ordering a few new in-stock items from SCG. Both ASL (LFT, LCP & FrF) and non-ASL items.

As part of my laptop migration I finally got round to properly organising what I had downloaded from LCP's "For Fun" series, I had nearly all the files but in a confusing mess. I suppose when I started I did not expect such a magnificent bounty.