Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Nail clippers would never damage your wrist. Just sayin' -- jim
This heathen won't get involved in any interdenominational clipping debates. I will say however that not clipping may prevent carpal tunnel syndrome or any other such wrist damage. 🤔

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
This heathen won't get involved in any interdenominational clipping debates. I will say however that not clipping may prevent carpal tunnel syndrome or any other such wrist damage. 🤔
Been there and had the ops on both wrists but I needed the ops done due to damage caused from my profession from so many years in Aviation , as for the nickname I find it offensive , not being from that side of the pond .

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Nail clippers would never damage your wrist. Just sayin' -- jim
Wasn’t the clippers either Jim but they contributed a bit in the end. Had Carpul tunnel problems for over 12 years due to my profession

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Been there and had the ops on both wrists but I needed the ops done due to damage caused from my profession from so many years in Aviation , as for the nickname I find it offensive , not being from that side of the pond .
No offense meant. I didn't think the nickname was accurate but it did sound rather catchy.

Once again sorry to hear about your injured wrist and hope you are back in top shape soon.

I've had nicknames foisted upon me my whole life starting with "Brillo pad " in the first grade. I had hair back then and it was rather curly. 😉

Btw Fish accidentally bestowed " jick " on me when he went to call me a jackass dick. It came out as jick. That one has really stuck. 🤔😉🤣

Last edited:

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I've been playing ASL since 1993 but today for the first time:

I killed a Sherman and immobilised another from the same 81mm mortar in the same fire phase
I fired on a US 666 with a tank in AFPh - HOB and creates a hero. I fire at the same squad with another tank after my opponent says "Do you want to give me another hero?" - HOB and another hero created.

What a great game...

Last edited:

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Yesterday during a session, I had my sniper hit a stack behind the enemy front line; three squads and a leader. It broke one squad. My opponent says "I want to do a Sniper Check". I haven't seen that done in more years than I can remember. With two squads still in the hex, he needs to roll six or less to reduce my sniper. He did it.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Sniper checks aren't that rare in my experience - I rarely do them when the stack has other action opportunities, but when a Sniper hits a back stack on the opponent's turn, I'll typically try the check. Most of the time it doesn't work, but since the cost is low...

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Expanded the January Minefield a few hexes to the east. Made the Whisky Track a little easier to see.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I have about ten module boxes full of geo maps. Today I emptied out all the maps and filed them according to their number and then put them back in the boxes. Now if I need a map I can find it much easier since it is stored in numerical order.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I replaced the maps in my map portfolio with the new ones I received in the Supplemental Map Bundle.

View attachment 18469
Now that's the attitude about map-storage: He keeps his boards cradled unfolded on a soft bed while he himself sleeps on the cold and hard floor....

Kudos, man!

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Realized the timeless wisdom of Maury Sline:
With a gig like what's upcoming in the Illuminating Rounds Tournament Finale, ya gotta prepare the proper exploitation.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Captain Bacchus and I got together after work and supper and looked over the threads on Gamesquad. Out of interest but also looking for material for The ASL Word of the Day. The Word had to have relevance to ASL or a post.

Reading the FTF thread I realized we did very little preplanning for the scenarios we played. Spontaneous sprang to mind. One of the synonyms for it was extempore and there you have it, The Word.

All in all a very enjoyable evening of ASL that the Captain and I agree was very productive. It may have been ASL Super Light but in it's own way quite nice. That was my ASL day. Very similar to most other days and very satisfying.🤗