Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

dpabrams77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got friggin Op Veritable un-punched and delivered for $161.00. I would expect to pay about that much for a 2nd addition. Got one SC creek scenario going and about to start two VotG scenarios as we wait for the new RB maps

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
Installed VASL on my laptop finally - oh how I wish there was a bulk download for all boards rather than just the SK boards

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Doesn't the latest VASL version auto-download maps?
Yes, but what if you are trying to create a new map for a scenario? I never tried to see if it would download a map when you ask for it in the "create map" procedure.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Yes, but what if you are trying to create a new map for a scenario? I never tried to see if it would download a map when you ask for it in the "create map" procedure.
The selection list should show all available maps, and if the map you select is not current, vasl should download it. At least that is what I understand should happen.

JR

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Tomorrow I'm meeting Neil Andrews from Oz. He just moved to Oxfordshire and got in touch about ASL. I'm suffering from CFS and so I won't be up to much FtF play for the time being, but it will be nice to meet up.
Hi - I was trying to contact Neil Andrews. I have sent you a PM.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
My Maxim Gorki module is being held at the local delivery office until I pay a customs charge. Grrr…..

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
My Maxim Gorki module is being held at the local delivery office until I pay a customs charge. Grrr…..
That’s probably you screwed forever now with orders from the states Jan, biggest charge I had was for almost £300 for an ASL package!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
That’s probably you screwed forever now with orders from the states Jan, biggest charge I had was for almost £300 for an ASL package!
I went online to pay the customs charge and underwent the most cyber chaotic transaction ever. The computer was going crazy....After about 6 attempts I finally managed to complete the transaction. Just to be sure I checked my bank account and found that I have been charged twice! It is quite funny in a distorted sort of way. Computers are just as inconsistent as people.

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
In today's things I've been doing wrong or did not realise I could do:

A11.41 Ambush Withdrawal

Any Infantry (unless pinned/berserk/Disrupted) that is part of a force which has qualified for Ambush ... may withdraw from CC automatically after resolving all CC attacks by and against it, but only before Melee occurs.

For the last 30 years I assumed totally incorrectly that I had to have been successful with the CC attack either by CR or by KIA. But as I learned tonight, even broken units that form part of the force who successfully win the ambush DR can withdraw, regardless of the success of the attack.

This is why I am a mediocre player it takes 30 years for me to properly read the ambush rule.

Magpie

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Today, I planted the seed of interest in my son's mind about ASL.
He got the wiff of IS-2's ;)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Today, I planted the seed of interest in my son's mind about ASL.
He got the wiff of IS-2's ;)
Sounds good. But how old is he?
Once he's got the wiff of girls, that of an IS-2 might just turn into 60 tons of lump metal.

von Marwitz