Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Packed my bags and driving to Canberra today for CanCon 2019. I plan to get to Canberra early enough in the day to spend a few hours at the Australian War Memorial. Then later in the evening it's beer and food with the other attendees. Tournament starts tomorrow. All I ever hope for is that I don't completely embarrass myself ....

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Found out a long time VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) buddy was an ASLer. I've known the guy for about thirty years but never knew he played wargames let alone ASL. I caught him almost quoting a Chapter H vehicle note in a conversation over a few libations after one of our meetings just lately and he said he used to play pretty solid back around Desert Shield/Desert Storm time-frame, has kept current with the modules but had lost many of his normal crew to life moves etc. and had very few people to play the last 15 or so years. Funny thing is we only live about 2 1/2 blocks from each other for the past 20 years. We got together the other day for a quick game as he was pretty rusty, but now have set up some more time to bash each other around over some ASL goodness with a few beers & lies. o_O:thumbsup::)

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Got together some ideas for board configurations for new scenarios, selecting a scenario for tomorrow’s FtF session. Good day for ASL...

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Red Factories should be processing any day now. Yanks2 was shipped on Friday.

In 2 weeks I am buying Forgotten War & LFT #14.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Slowly getting my Forgotten War counters stowed away. I've played a number of the scenarios but using my opponents' sets. I still haven't come to grips with how to stow the vehicles. Unlike most of you I only have two boxes for armor, one for axis and one for allies, and I store the vehicles by vehicle note number. Some of the FW vehicles already exist (M-24 light tank, T-34/85) and some are new. Should I overlay the FW vehicle note numbers as given, or should I mix the new with the existing where they overlap? Decisions, decisions. Also, most important: where should I put the searchlight trucks? They need to be easy to find!

JR

Pigboy1537

Noob
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There doesn't seem to be a topic to handle daily ASL life. So here's a place to discuss ASL daily living here on Gamesquad.

Today I'm finally cutting out the overlays from AoO. Also reorganizing my overlay storage system.

Also setting up a playtest of a Japanese attack on a fortified Chinese village.

Still reading the 2nd ALSSK rule book.

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand
cataloguing and packing up my hard copy ASL to go into storage apart from the travel set (Pocket RB, Chapter H, Rat Charts, LFT Dice Tower, 2 x Raaco Assorter 80s that carry enough counters even for ASLOK)
I hate moving

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Set up CH Graebners Charge map for solo play of one of the scenarios.
Put page protectors on my Red Factories scenario cards and set up map on table.
Sorting out some material I am proofing for Steve Swann to turn in corrections.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Happy Lunar New Year Jackson.

I scanned and printed some overlays I had overlooked in from Action Pack 11. All the overlays are tucked into collector's pages of various layouts and kept in a binder which zippers shut.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Spent yesterday sorting out my German 1/“ counters, 11 32 compartment RAACO boxes for the lot with 1 compartment per counter types .... took awhile !!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Spent yesterday sorting out my German 1/“ counters, 11 32 compartment RAACO boxes for the lot with 1 compartment per counter types .... took awhile !!
I hope that you have ordered the counters by ID letter as is the adequate procedure. ;)

von Marwitz

HansK

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Have put the AoO pages in the binders and am punching the counters now. Copying and storing the scenario cards will be next.