Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is this still going to be one six foot long map?
No. I'm still trying to figure out how it'll work out. At the very least I'll split it in two. It could well be 3 which would make it more flexible to using just the maps you need to play a section of the HASL map needed for the scenario. It'll still be 1" hexes.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Today I have set up YASL 13 Die to the Last Man. A very interesting scenario with a crap load of options for bothsides. Both the japs and brits have options to buy additions to their OB and the VC makes it very interesting for both sides, the Brits have to score CVP as do the japs but the japs get to exit guys at certain points of the map. Depending where the japs exit, they can get more points or less. So either the japs can go for the grinding hedgehog defense or try to break out and exit guys. yasl 001.jpgyaslii 003.jpg

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
An obscure trivia happened to me today:

Because I want to visit the UK shortly after Brexit, I have requested a passport today. Normally, you didn't need one to enter the UK, but you never know what's gonna happen...

Anyway, you need to bring a photograph and when the lady at the office cut it, it suddenly struck me, that device she had in her hands to get the size exactly right resembled very much an Oregon counter-clipper. I had a second look and indeed, that's what she had - exactly the same handle and mechanism. The only difference was the the metal platform which was shaped not to cut the corners of counters but to cut the photograph exactly to the required size for the passport.

Bottom line:
If even German administration has found out that the Orgeon tool is the device of choice, then it just has to be the correct tool to get the edges right... :D

von Marwitz

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Here I was hoping you'd say you'd found a cheaper way to get them to Europe than pay individual shipping costs from the USA... :(

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Here I was hoping you'd say you'd found a cheaper way to get them to Europe than pay individual shipping costs from the USA... :(
Well, you could request a German passport and try to snatch one while the lady is looking the other way... :cool:

von Marwitz

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hexasim in France usually have them; maybe out of stock temporarily, but they restock quickly.
When I wanted to get mine, I tried to order from Hexasim, since I was ordering other stuff from them as well. After enquiring about them, and checking the site for a few weeks, I seem to remember I finally orderd mine direct from Amazon (and paid a lot for S&H).

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tabulated my expenditures on ASL for the year. Around $1700.

I had a lot of catching up to do since my last purchase was in 1995, except for SK1 last year.

Core: Yanks, DB, AoO, HP, FW.
Journals: 2, 11, 12
Action Packs: 6, 9-13, BoF, RttR, TtT
SK: 2,3
Historical: HiF
Winter Offensive: 1-8
Others: Map Pack, Rat Charts, Pocket RB, 2nd Edition, 1st printing RB (got for $25:cool:) 16 plano 3701s

All from Ritterkrieg except DB

Next year: BV v3, FKaC,
Maybe: RF, WO9
Wish: SK-PTO, CdG reprint. WO10, Journal 13, AP14

Last edited:

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
well if spread that out as if spent from 1996 to 2018 then that's only $77 a year. :).

I think the last thing I bought was either Annual '95 or Solitaire. :rolleyes:
I took it that you spent $1700. this year (2018).

Re-read your last post. I did understand correctly and you are just spreading your purchases out over the time that you started playing ASL.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks to Joe Leoce & Steve Pleva .. and to Greg Taylor for grabbing it and sending it to me!! :D
(it's a hip flask, the cap went out of focus ..)
Enlight5.jpg

HansK

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Going over the contents of AoO. Will start sorting and punching soon now.