Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We don't need no stinking StuG's!
I think this came up when you were on your break from ASL/GS...but Armstrong's favorite tank is the StuG he used to have it as his avatar for a time...so that is why I brought them up.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
After quite some pause, I resume clipping some counters.

Tomorrow, M.Koch comes over for a FtF game. Once more he has contrieved to find a scenario where he has the Elite Germans with the toys, 838's and FTs and ... I got the 1941 Russians with ELR: 2 having to hold on to something like a piece of curb stone edge with a lone half-dead, half-dazed survivor.

Of course, this also gets him my pristinely Oregon-cut German OoB while I have to take the yet unclipped Russians.

I will try to teach him tomorrow that his bourgeois capers will lead him much further into the East than he envisions - all the way to Siberia to atone for this with some work for Mother Russia... :D

von Marwitz

Last edited:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I think this came up when you were on your break from ASL/GS...but Armstrong's favorite tank is the StuG he used to have it as his avatar for a time...so that is why I brought them up.
Yeah I vaguely remember that, and I stand by Say No to the StuG! Lol. Throwing DC is more of a challenge lol

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I will try to teach him tomorrow that his bourgeois capers will lead him much further into the East than he forsees - all the way to Siberia to atone for this with some work for Mother Russia... :D

von Marwitz
While you have a nice rich Bordeaux, in a fine clean crystal glass, along with your lunch, you serve Michael black bread, sea salt and cheap vodka made from whatever you have laying around in the tool shed...mineral spirits you see...served in a rusty old can. Tell him you are preparing him, for good reason, for his ration while he works on the Road of Bones.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
While you have a nice rich Bordeaux, in a fine clean crystal glass, along with your lunch, you serve Michael black bread, sea salt and cheap vodka made from whatever you have laying around in the tool shed...mineral spirits you see...served in a rusty old can. Tell him you are preparing him, for good reason, for his ration while he works on the Road of Bones.
I doubt ELR 2 Russians even had a sliver of hope to sip a Bordeaux in their lifetimes......

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I doubt ELR 2 Russians even had a sliver of hope to sip a Bordeaux in their lifetimes......
That von M is a crafty one though...he works at place where his proletariat hands get a five finger discount on a variety of grapes throughout the year.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Normally, it is said that one should not preach water and drink wine. So as a Russian comrade and atheist, I do away with the preaching of water and drink the wine, no?

Probably that man von Schoff is behind putting me onto the Red team for this excercise, which is anathema to me. Talking about abusing power... Thus I need a goblet of a fine red wine in my hand to keep reminding me that I am not to represent the blue blood of which I am.

von Marwitz

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Finished sorting and clipping the German, Russian and American OOBs (and no problems with my Oregon 2mm Clipper)