Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll take "any". In some cases I may not own any of the scenarios for that overlay, but there are probably overlays I don't own either. I did some checking, and I don't think Hi6 has appeared in any scenario. Perhaps Hd1 as well. But my knowledge on the matter is not encyclopædic.

JR
Yup, I couldn't find Hi6 either but Hd1 is used in at least one, FT120 Never Say Navoz. However my search is definitely not all encompassing as I've got only about 3900 scenarios logged in.

Abe

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
That may be my new ASL scenario project: play each overlay at least once in a scenario. Are there any overlays that don't appear in a scenario?

JR
I started spinning the overlay dropdown at random in the scenario archive search tool. After 4 spins SD8 came up with nothing. I suspect there might be plenty that are also virgin.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I started spinning the overlay dropdown at random in the scenario archive search tool. After 4 spins SD8 came up with nothing. I suspect there might be plenty that are also virgin.
ASL 65 Red Star, Red Sun came to mind without even looking it over; sure enough SD8 is used in that scenario.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Curses. You’re right.
14 overlays!

The site came up with nine results when I searched SD8, including Red Sun Red Star. What I noticed was that some overlays are not listed in the dropdown, and I am guessing they have no scenario.

edit: it turns out that Hd1 is listed for Never Say Navoz, and it being missing from the dropdown is not an indication that it is never used. So Hi6 might be used after all.

JR

Last edited:
Reactions: Abe

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I must be over this "buy everything ASL" stage.. there's a STREETS OF FIRE on eBay for $50 (yes, already have a copy). Then I turned around and bought a pork pie hat instead.

Must be getting old...

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I gotta say though, I am quite pleased to have a friend who's been on a bit of a hiatus from ASL (he went to do more productive things, imagine that!) back to a game again. For those who know @sneo , please help challenge him to a few more games.

Let's bring the man back.

We settled on MM40 Ochota Revenge from the March Madness Hollis Pack.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Today .. Katyushas Lit My Fires

"..
"You know those woods will be so blue...
In the ash and in the mire.....
After Rocket OBA........
Goes and sets them all on fire........

Katyushas lit my fires......
Gonna set those woods on FIRE!!!!!!!>>>>>"

Sung to the the Doors "Light my Fire" --- by @witchbottles

Turn 4 of 6 .. J168 Katyusha's Embrace

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Today .. Katyushas Lit My Fires

"..
"You know those woods will be so blue...
In the ash and in the mire.....
After Rocket OBA........
Goes and sets them all on fire........

Gonna set those woods on FIRE!!!!!!!>>>>>"

Sung to the the Doors "Light my Fire" --- by @witchbottles

Turn 4 of 6 .. J168 Katyusha's Embrace
Wrote some new lyrics to a new ASL song for Dennis. :) Heck, this is getting fun.... :)

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is on the August playlist.
They started a little early here in Northern CA...

1532872707302.png

Speaking of whiches- paging "Yuri" and Jay Elwell ("CoolRunner") - everyone doing okay up there in the North Valley? Parts of Redding are under evacuation orders I understand..... Check in when you can so we all know the local ASL crowd is still reading us 5 x 5.

KRL, Jon H

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

View attachment 5250

Speaking of whiches- paging "Yuri" and Jay Elwell ("CoolRunner") - everyone doing okay up there in the North Valley? Parts of Redding are under evacuation orders I understand..... Check in when you can so we all know the local ASL crowd is still reading us 5 x 5.

KRL, Jon H
Actually, the Carr fire in Redding has not directly affected those of us who live within a mile of the coast, other than Hwy 299 bring closed for the past week. So far, the ocean breezes have managed to keep the huge smoke clouds well to the east...so far.
I used to know a number of folks who live in the portion of Redding west of the Sacramento river, and I'm afraid that they have probably all lost their homes in this catastrophe.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

View attachment 5250

KRL, Jon H
I hope everyone's alright .. good lord ..

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, the Carr fire in Redding has not directly affected those of us who live within a mile of the coast, other than Hwy 299 bring closed for the past week. So far, the ocean breezes have managed to keep the huge smoke clouds well to the east...so far.
I used to know a number of folks who live in the portion of Redding west of the Sacramento river, and I'm afraid that they have probably all lost their homes in this catastrophe.
Bob Eury okay for now too?

Stay safe. We were alright with Suisun Bay area in a knot of blue skies due to offshore winds and Delta breeze until night before last when the winds shifted, boosting the fire and blowing all the smoke into our skies. hazy blue/gray/tan skies and lots of particulates. We're good except the fire is very close to one of our retired employees houses in South Redding area- they evacuated yesterday.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bob Eury okay for now too?

Stay safe. We were alright with Suisun Bay area in a knot of blue skies due to offshore winds and Delta breeze until night before last when the winds shifted, boosting the fire and blowing all the smoke into our skies. hazy blue/gray/tan skies and lots of particulates. We're good except the fire is very close to one of our retired employees houses in South Redding area- they evacuated yesterday.
Bob lives only a few miles from me, so yes, the fires haven't affected him either... apart from cancelling any fishing trips he might have planned in Trinity County.