Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Added 7 PDF versions of open-source scenarios released at the Grenadier ASL '08 tournament.
They can be found at ASL Scenario Archive. Search by GRENADIER '08 and they can be found as
Misc Files at the bottom of each scenario page.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tomorrow morning is the monthly Fredericksburg ASL throw down, so pondering set-ups for the Soviets for AP41, "The Meat Grinder." I'm looking forward to seeing my KV-2 become burning wrecks before ever landing a punch. (sigh)

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You have a new nickname...."Negative Waves Johannsen"...congrats.

Kinda suits you, sort of math like, sort of radar like, and so on...

I like it.

Last edited:

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You have a new nickname...."Negative Waves Johansen"...congrats.

Kinda suits you, sort of math like, sort of radar like, and so on...

I like it.
I'm not all gloom and doom about infantry scenarios. I'll confess, though, that I haven't played enough AFV scenarios to have even the slightest clue about how to use those tracked monsters. As I get to defend, though, maybe things won't go as badly as I expect... (Though that +3 to hit for the first hexspine change of CA means that I better have guessed right about where the Hun will be coming from.)

On the plus side, if things go like I think that they're likely, at least I'll lose to a good guy.

See you tomorrow.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
KV-2s, easy deal! Point the thing, it goes boom, followed by lots of running around yelling and screaming (there's always lots of yelling and screaming) and maybe some crashing or burning! What's to fear?

Last edited:

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It is hard to get back on the horse after you fall off (...but be sure not to "get on the wagon" instead!). When I took a break from ASL it lasted decades.

As for getting rid of some of your stuff, look on the bright side: you won't feel like a sucker when MMP re-releases the same stuff with those oh-so-tempting extras (personally, I can't wait to punch and clip the French and Italian OoB all over again!).

But it's good to see you back, Perry. I still thank you for sending me a certain "black-market" item when I first joined the Forum. And where is that Jeffhew?! He seemed a good guy!:dontknow

[YIKES! This was my 1000th post. Drat! I guess I'll save the previously planned restrospective, clip-episode for #10,000)].
Thanks,
And Jeff was/is a good guy, just hope he is still with us. Main thing I regret is getting rid of my entire Black SS OoB from Bridge to far and all the HoB SS modules, also my two complete British OoB, the others (Axis and Alibied minors and Chinese) I can live with.

all the best

Perry

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks,
And Jeff was/is a good guy, just hope he is still with us. Main thing I regret is getting rid of my entire Black SS OoB from Bridge to far and all the HoB SS modules, also my two complete British OoB, the others (Axis and Alibied minors and Chinese) I can live with.

all the best

Perry
If it helps Perry they went to a good home - thank you for selling them to me.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I should add - did you ever find those few missing counters );)
Hi Joe,

Nope never did, I am going to go over all my kit in the next few weeks and will look again for you, if you ever come across another full set like I sold to you let me know, I would gladly buy it back.

all the best

Perry

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Joe,

Nope never did, I am going to go over all my kit in the next few weeks and will look again for you, if you ever come across another full set like I sold to you let me know, I would gladly buy it back.

all the best

Perry
Will do Perry. I think that you might be in for a long wait though - yours are the only set I have seen come up in the UK in many years (although ABtF comes up about once a year - but be prepared to pay through the nose for it). To be blunt, you are going to have to wait for one of the UK grognards to die....................and then prise them out of their cold, dead hands.

There is always critical hit :mad: Or broken ground design:

http://www.brokenground.design/p/58-counters-1056-6-sheets-afv-4-ge01-pz.html

If anthing comes up, I'll be sure to let you know.

Last edited:

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Will do Perry. I think that you might be in for a long wait though - yours are the only set I have seen come up in the UK in many years (although ABtF comes up about once a year - but be prepared to pay through the nose for it). To be blunt, you are going to have to wait for one of the UK grognards to die....................and then prise them out of their cold, dead hands.

If anthing comes up, I'll be sure to let you know. I like using your black counters too much to sell them - they remind me to add +1 to the depletion numbers - and I need all the help that I can get :)
Perry which Black SS are you after?

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

If anthing comes up, I'll be sure to let you know.

I thought that would be the case, a sheer moment of madness on my part getting rid of the lot, but there we go.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Perry which Black SS are you after?

Hi Ollie, I had the whole AbtF set and all the HoB SS sets, damn good collection, but I sold them on as said for cash for a load of Lock n Load tactical stuff, still not sure why lol.

all the best

Perry

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi Ollie, I had the whole AbtF set and all the HoB SS sets, damn good collection, but I sold them on as said for cash for a load of Lock n Load tactical stuff, still not sure why lol.

all the best

Perry
I’ll have a look in my stash , pretty sure I have some sets of the HoB stuff somewhere