Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

HansK

Photocopied the scenario cards from AP#13, WOBP#9, Forgotten War, Bloody Buron, and placed them in my binders. Put the pages of Forgotten War in my ASLRB's.

Considering how to store the Forgotten War counters now...

Michael R

Silver Supporting Member
I cut down the A4 size scenarios from FrF11 and FTC8 to 8.5 x 11 and then stored them in page protectors in their appropriate binders. Several went into my "to play" binder.

Moved all my games and modelling stuff from one overcrowded room to a now (mostly) vacant bedroom.
It gives you a good appreciation of how much stuff you have.
It basically hasn't moved since we moved into the house in 2002.
I've added to it, but never moved it all since, it took 9 or 10 trips up the stairs to shift it all, and I still have my laminated HASL maps to move.

Did about an hour of work on a poster to display to new players w/ very basic Seq of Play info for teaching. Wanted to keep it to 1 poster, but alas, it IS Advanced Squad Leader and a second page is, shall we say, not unexpected .

von Marwitz

Created three VASL setups and optimized the storage of some of my ASL stuff. The extra space gained should keep me out of trouble for a year or two...

von Marwitz

hongkongwargamer

Feeling like a Russian 76L
Silver Supporting Member
One big project done. So now ..
  • Read up on Desert & set up for Fort MacGregor
  • Setup up for an idle night at Suicide Creek
  • Catch up on all the PBEMs

Last edited:

Sparky

started work today on the map for Hill 698.

Fascinating battle, the more so since the scenario for this will mark what I think will be one of the most unique ASL ever done. Hint, it will be the first ASL scenario I've ever known to have the regular Swedish Army in it, and participating directly in an ASL scenario.

olli

started work today on the map for Hill 698.

Fascinating battle, the more so since the scenario for this will mark what I think will be one of the most unique ASL ever done. Hint, it will be the first ASL scenario I've ever known to have the regular Swedish Army in it, and participating directly in an ASL scenario.
You mean apart from the Swedish Volunteer pack that was released several years back and is supposedly being redone by MMP?

Paul M. Weir

First name
Paul
Mostly Swedish citizens, of course.

What I was trying to say that the SV pack was about a Finnish Army unit manned by Swedes, not a Swedish Army unit (manned by Swedes), so SV does no preclude Sparky's being the first to have a Swedish Army unit.
Hint, it will be the first ASL scenario I've ever known to have the regular Swedish Army in it, and participating directly in an ASL scenario.
Congo?