Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Sorted out all the counters that I have clipped since before Xmas, ready for storing into my RAACO. Also looked out all the stuff I am selling
/ sold and whilst delving into the storage found complete copies is RS and FB that I will sell off too the biggest surprise was finding two boxes of BV full of unpunched counters from all sorts of modules. Really have lost track of what I have now.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Made VASL files for WO12 Heart of Wilderness and ESG #109 Back to the Wall (Screenshots available at the ASL Scenario Archive).

WO12 Heart Of Wilderness Scenario Archive.jpg

ESG109 Backs To The Wall Scenario Archive.jpg

von Marwitz

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Your setup files always look very nice, what's the secret? How do you put in text and info?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Today I have been trying to pack several modules to ship out around the world and also started redoing all the counter tabs that I have on the Texas ASL site for counter storage this edition will include all counters released by all companies to date .

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
and also started redoing all the counter tabs that I have on the Texas ASL site for counter storage this edition will include all counters released by all companies to date .
These tabs were of good use to me for storing my retired 5/8" counters in a space-efficient manner.

von Marwitz

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
More work that I would put in, but they are very nice!
I do not know how many I have of them, but must be beyond 100 by now.

Basically, others could use the .vasl files which would save them a lot of work.

I have offered before to provide them for the benefit of the community to be made available at vasl.info ( http://vasl.info/scenarios.htm ) for example.

There is only the condition that the Draggable Overlay holding the VC and SSR and the Draggable Overlay holding a picture must be removed which I have added for my personal use and which is not seen in the screenshots here or at the ASL Scenario Archive for poossible copyright reasons. Removal would take less than a minute per scenario. Furthermore I will under no circumstance upload them myself to any public space in the net nor take any responsibility or credit for them.

There has once been interest expressed but so far there aren't any takers.

von Marwitz

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Drove from Montreal to Trois-Rivières today to research the battle diary of the Trois-Rivières Regiment, which operated in Ortona. The Christmas Day entry is worth sharing for its bit of dry humour.

TRR Battle Diary - 11.jpg

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Awesome, Michael. I was able to read "Ortona" by Mark Zuehlke when I traveled to Vancouver, BC, last fall....

Certainly a battle that more of us south of the border should know about.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Went crazy...
We all knew it was only a matter of time! ;)

... started setting up as the Marines in Dan Dolan's Gavutu-Tanambogo CG with Dan Dolan as the IJA.
I've seen this exact thing before, and always wondered whether a scenario designer has any sort of edge when playing a scenario they have designed. The couple of instances I've seen posted on seem to indicate it does not necessarily do so, assuming it was a well-balanced design. Either it is balanced enough to ensure either side an equal chance of winning, or it is not. That being said, good luck! :dontknow

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Made VASL files for WO12 Heart of Wilderness and ESG #109 Back to the Wall (Screenshots available at the ASL Scenario Archive).
von Marwitz
WO12 HEART OF WILDERNESS became one of my all time favorites with the way my game went. Lots of stuff happening in this one, hope you had a great playing as well. Backs to the Wall also tripped my trigger, but just haven't had a chance to get at it as my weekly opponent & I have been having at scenarios for the ASL Open coming up in Chicago at the end of the month. Keep us posted on the outcome and your feelings about the scenario.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since Thanksgiving 2016, I've been on a mission to count, punch, sort and place into Plano storage containers 75 countersheets of Chinese, USMC, Japanese, German and Russian counters; I have about 40 left to go for the Americans (Yanksv1x2, Yanksv2x1and SKs), Axis Minors (AoO and SKs), Allied Minors (DBv1,v2&v3, and SKs) and the British (FKaC & SKs, DaE).

Hopefully have them all punched, sorted and stored in Planos for the Austin Tournament.

I do "procrastinate" some-what....

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since Thanksgiving 2016, I've been on a mission to count, punch, sort and place into Plano storage containers 75 countersheets of Chinese, USMC, Japanese, German and Russian counters; I have about 40 left to go for the Americans (Yanksv1x2, Yanksv2x1and SKs), Axis Minors (AoO and SKs), Allied Minors (DBv1,v2&v3, and SKs) and the British (FKaC & SKs, DaE).
Since I decided to get into the game, i bought a lot of items from someone getting out. I've been trying to reorganize those counters into what makes sense to me using some resources from the Texas ASL site (lots of options). These information counters are confounding. There always seems to be one more type that has a different front/back combination! Mucks with my engineers mind.