Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
The no binder rules are $66.
You could use your old binder or get a cheap one and label it.
Or, if you do like I did and use sheet protectors for your rules, you'll need at least 2 binders.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I thought (hoped) if the pocket book had everything in it, or was a pretty good summary, i'd know enough already to get by using a cliff notes version pocketbook that was also smaller in size.
The pASLRB is the same text as the ASLRB. Nothing has been re-written.

JR

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
I can't remember the last time I opened my binder to check anything in rules sections A - G. I copied and laminated the one page of Chapter J as a bookmark. Chapter H is a different story, but between pulling AFV cards and reviewing scanned pages in my browser, use of that binder is also way, way down...

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I can't remember the last time I opened my binder to check anything in rules sections A - G.
Really? I look up the rules, all the time, multiple times every game. Even (especially?) for stuff that I should know off the top of my head. I've made so many stupid rules glitches over the years, that now I'm a bit paranoid about it.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Really? I look up the rules, all the time, multiple times every game. Even (especially?) for stuff that I should know off the top of my head. I've made so many stupid rules glitches over the years, that now I'm a bit paranoid about it.
Bruce,

George is perfect... Not like us "normal" folk that play ASL.... Are memories are as long as .....

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
Really. I open the pocket rulebook. The binder stays on the bookshelf.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
many mis-spent moons hence,
From the day, a man named Spence
piously passed Peiper's purple pansies to and fro,
We got to play, yes , yes, today
a game of SP's Tic-Tac-Toe.

KRL, Jon H

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Really. I open the pocket rulebook. The binder stays on the bookshelf.
I misunderstood your original comment. I read it as "I don't look up the rules during play", not "I don't use my original rulebook any more".

I still prefer to look up my full rules binder. Aside from the larger print, it contains many supplemental pages and notes that would be impractical, to say the least, to add to the pASLRB. And while it's very large and bulky, that doesn't matter if it's just sitting beside me during play. The pASLRB is for when I'm out and about.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Don't have a eASLRB but I did buy a magnifying glass with batteries and LED lights.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Child labour Scott tut tut!, can't you afford an illegal immigrant to do that sort of thing? ;-)

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Child labour Scott tut tut!, can't you afford an illegal immigrant to do that sort of thing? ;-)
Nope, Trump's rounding them all up so they are in hiding. :)

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
unless you know where they are hidden..... ;)
Writing the next Ann Frank Diary?

Gathered all my scraps of paper, bits of spreadsheets and vlogs today, bought myself a proper ledger and noted down the RG purchases of my three CGs in session.

Probably a good thing too as I am looking to start Suicide Creek!

Rgds Jack

Last edited: