TOAWIII version

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
in my game with veers he has conquered warsaw but the polish army is still around. is this a TOAWIII bug or is it s new feature?

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Polynike said:
in my game with veers he has conquered warsaw but the polish army is still around. is this a TOAWIII bug or is it s new feature?
It isn't new feature. I was going to give it one mure turn, as it has a randomization of a couple turns. If I load up your turn and they are still there I will again look at the events to try to see what the problem is...though I thought I checks and eveythgin was OK...I will check it today.

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok, after lookign at the events...they look to be in order, doesn't mean they are, because I'm not all that smart, they could be messed up and I just didnt' notice. :laugh:
But, I also couldn't reproduce either the Polish stickign around or the Swedes leaving. This is not to say they didn't happen, after all it was in my game that the Poles stuck around. :laugh:
The only conclution I can come to is that the event bugs from CoW to TOAWIII were not completely ironed out. I thought that this bug was fixed, but maybe Ralph of Jamiam will enter into the discussion and enliten us.
Until then, I would encourage players to start new EA games in CoW, until such time as it can be varified that everything will work out in TOAW III.

EDIT: Oh, and I just wanna say how cool I think Polynike's avatar is!!! :laugh: Sweet.

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Veers said:
Ok, after lookign at the events...they look to be in order, doesn't mean they are, because I'm not all that smart, they could be messed up and I just didnt' notice. :laugh:
But, I also couldn't reproduce either the Polish stickign around or the Swedes leaving. This is not to say they didn't happen, after all it was in my game that the Poles stuck around. :laugh:
The only conclution I can come to is that the event bugs from CoW to TOAWIII were not completely ironed out. I thought that this bug was fixed, but maybe Ralph of Jamiam will enter into the discussion and enliten us.
Until then, I would encourage players to start new EA games in CoW, until such time as it can be varified that everything will work out in TOAW III.

EDIT: Oh, and I just wanna say how cool I think Polynike's avatar is!!! :laugh: Sweet.

thanks veers

inspired after watching all 12 episodes of the rome dvd boxed set in an all niter session lol

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Polynike said:
thanks veers

inspired after watching all 12 episodes of the rome dvd boxed set in an all niter session lol
The Rome DVD box set? What is this? Sorry for Hijacking the thread, my Centurio..

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Telumar said:
The Rome DVD box set? What is this? Sorry for Hijacking the thread, my Centurio..
Rome is an hbo tv production (smae ppl behind BOB) shown by the bbc during the winter
deals with the rise and fall of caeser. a new series starts in january 2007 dealing with the civil war between octavian and mark anthony and the setting up of the empire

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Polynike said:
Rome is an hbo tv production (smae ppl behind BOB) shown by the bbc during the winter
deals with the rise and fall of caeser. a new series starts in january 2007 dealing with the civil war between octavian and mark anthony and the setting up of the empire
Nice, hope it's close to the historic facts, my favourite era of interest in ancient history, the late republic and its decline. I think it will come to Germany then next winter. All the HBO stuff finds his way to here..

Polynike

Reaction score
Country
llGibraltar
Telumar said:
Nice, hope it's close to the historic facts, my favourite era of interest in ancient history, the late republic and its decline. I think it will come to Germany then next winter. All the HBO stuff finds his way to here..
though i have a degree in history and my area of expertise is the second world war i think its very accurate in terms of the workings of the senate, the role played by the mob in rome and it shows rome how it would really have been, dirty narrow streets that were only cleaned for truimphs etc

none of this glitzed up gladiator, hollywood style rome

i enjoyed it anyhow

Telumar

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Polynike said:
though i have a degree in history and my area of expertise is the second world war i think its very accurate in terms of the workings of the senate, the role played by the mob in rome and it shows rome how it would really have been, dirty narrow streets that were only cleaned for truimphs etc

none of this glitzed up gladiator, hollywood style rome

i enjoyed it anyhow
That sounds good indeed!