TOAW III community efforts

BigDuke66

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi
Just want to point your attention to the Matrix Forum in case you have not followed the development there over the pasts months it, I won't sum all the details up just a short list:
-Development stopped as the guy in charge stopped working on the latest beta patch, seems to have happed for personally problems so no blame on him
-2 big problems for latest official patch are 1. AA in units without AA icon doesn't work and 2. the "Ignore Losses" problem that makes it unrealistically hard to drive off units with ignore losses setting especially with terrain like fortifications
-Someone made a small "fix" to the latest EXE and the AA problem seems solve, now he's working on solving the "Ignore Losses" problem.

Take a look here, especially the first post explains a lot:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3376085

If you want to show support for the further development of this game please list here:
https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/matrix-games-keep-toaw-iii-supported

We hope that this petition gets Matrix finally to actively seek ways to further develop the game or at least fix what problems we currently have with it instead of waiting for a miracle.

Cheers

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At this point I'm only putting effort into something open source if community effort is desired. That doesn't exclude commercial sales as such, but I doubt Slitherine is the company to go for it.

Also, I can't get over how crappy both matrix and wargamer.com's forum software is. Except for promises to change soon nothing happens. Another reason why I can't get excited.

BigDuke66

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Is there something like a good strategy title that is open source? Not that I'm aware of.

And I wasn't talking about working for them or so, it's just an effort by some guys to get 2 very problematic points out of the current patch and you can support that by simply testing those modified versions and by showing support on the petition page.
That all is just an effort by the community and for the community.
No need to deal with any company.

Not sure that the forum software has to do with all this, all I can say there is much worse forum software out there, used Matrix for years and while it hasn't anything special it at least works OK just like Wargamer does.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To what end? Another abandoned wargame that I have more investment in?

Wargame publishers really can't continue like that.

BigDuke66

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Well if you bail out like they did, they for sure won't come back.
But if the community carries the flag on like we did they may come back, and that is what you see here:

First new beta(closed) for the testteam since 2012.
Keep up your support!
This start has to end in a new patch!

Last edited:

shunwick

Reaction score
Country
ll
Ralph is back, 3.5 is under development again, and plan is for TOAW 4 to follow 3.5. Fear of TOAW's demise - load of twaddle.

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The development (closed) forum has started breathing again - that's good sign indeed.