To the Volga 3 and 4

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi,

Anyone out there have the new CH To the Volga 3 and 4? I see that MMP is staying in the main factories (I don't say that as a criticism as I bought RF too) but was looking to do battle in Stalingrad south and the Grain Elevator. I am visiting Volgograd in May myself.

If anyone has those new mods, it would be nice to see any pictures of the maps. CH doesn't show map previews, which I think is a shame.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Have they been published and released yet?

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
no they haven't but appears to be close to the front of the production queue... according the last emailer after Cherkassy ships in the net week or two the next up are CH Annual 5, GWASL 7 and 8, followed by Melikhovo, Volga 3 and 4, then Leningrad 1-2, Kohima and Cambrai 1-2-3

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
no they haven't but appears to be close to the front of the production queue... according the last emailer after Cherkassy ships in the net week or two the next up are CH Annual 5, GWASL 7 and 8, followed by Melikhovo, Volga 3 and 4, then Leningrad 1-2, Kohima and Cambrai 1-2-3
Ah, okay. Thanks very much for the info. Looking forward to seeing the maps.

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Perry Pender made ASL maps for southern Stalingrad. You can get a copy in the resource section of VFTT http://www.vftt.co.uk/files.asp
Thanks for that. They are nice looking maps. I wish I had an easy way to print those out. I may still commit to the new CH ones if I can get a bit of a look at them some way first. I hope CH is watching this.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Not yet out. CH just released another East Front title, Hell's Gate 1-4, and will be shipping 2 games on Kursk North Flank's drive in a couple of weeks. Don't know why the delay in Volga 3 & 4.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
So, if I take these pdfs to Kinko's, are these ready to print and match up with VoTG map or do I need to enlarge to different specs?
I'm not sure what size Perry made the hexes. Probably one inch in which case you might need to decrease the size to match VotG. It is best to measure the VotG hexes and ask the printer to copy the size.

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
after Cherkassy ships

Can someone keep me posted on that as that was a ridiculous battle as in "intense" , OKW originally though it would be
"inconvenient" but it ended up being a hornet's nest.

The kitchen sink was eventually needed to quell it.