Title of the new Star Wars Film announced.

scuud

Reaction score
Originally posted by Overseer
I work at one, and you know what, I hate how much the price of tickets is and the popcorn and such ($9 for an adult ticket, and something like $6 for a large popcorn, $4 for a large soda) but you know what? Damn people buy it. So it's their fault.
I don't know about anyone else, but thanks to some poor planning I've got a White Hen right next to my theater. Why pay 2$ for candy when you can get it for 60¢ next door?
:whistle:

Reaction score
Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
Apparently it's going to be called "Revenge of the Sith".

Full Story.

I like it - it makes a lot of sense. In chronological order you have the first three films all about the rise of the Sith - culminating in their "Revenge" and then another three culminating in the rise again of the Jedi. It's nice - it's logical. Means that the end of each trilogy has a title linked to the Force itself.

Also:

Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace.
vs.
Episode 4 - A New Hope.

Sort of similar in that they have titles describing a general "something" in the air.

And:

Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones.
vs.
Episode 6 - The Empire Strikes Back.

Again, similar in that they indicate a major event or action.

Makes you wonder though - if they ever had a third trilogy it would either have to end with the Dark Side in control (hurrah!) or with the Force itself being destroyed and no more people around to master it (boo!).

"Revenge of the Sith" - yes, gets my approval.

Dr. S.
After the "quality" of the last two movies, perhaps "The Apology of the Lucas" would be a more appropriate title.............

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Re: Re: Title of the new Star Wars Film announced.

Originally posted by Viking67
Good. So you won't have to execute anyone, then? Although the piranhas are getting a bit hungry. You'll have to find something to be angry about soon. Maybe if you don't like the movie...

V67
Yes, I find that if I haven't gotten myself worked up into a real rage for a few days, I come out in sores.

Dr. S.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Title of the new Star Wars Film announced.

Originally posted by Lance Williams
After the "quality" of the last two movies, perhaps "The Apology of the Lucas" would be a more appropriate title.............
That's because Lucas shouldn't be involved in more than the idea of a movie. The last two have shown he can't write, and his directing is average... (A lot of people feel that Empire was the best of the original 3, which is the one that he didn't direct - because the director of Empire Strikes Back focused on character rather than plot).

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Re: Title of the new Star Wars Film announced.

Originally posted by Overseer
That's because Lucas shouldn't be involved in more than the idea of a movie. The last two have shown he can't write, and his directing is average... (A lot of people feel that Empire was the best of the original 3, which is the one that he didn't direct - because the director of Empire Strikes Back focused on character rather than plot).
I actually liked Empire the least, out of all 5 films so far, so maybe I'm weird. I think I'm one of the few who liked the new films, especially Clones. I loved the battles scenes. They still aren't as good as the 1st and 3rd films, but I don't thin they're as bad as people say.

Richa333

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Erf?

Liked Empire Strikes Back the 2nd-best (now I know why: characters, yay!).

A New Hope is still my all-time fave, of any Sci-Fi movie, although I still wish with all my heart that Luke could somehow be killed in a very nasty and slow way...I just hate him! (Maybe that demonstrates that the script writer really nailed the entire 'selfish callow teenager' thing.)

I just hope, hope Hope that Episode 3 doesn't completely suck, which in my humble opinion Episodes 1 & 2 did..."Acting, you say? Character, hmmm? Travel now to the dark side of action movies, you will!"

Marines

Reaction score
I like it - it makes a lot of sense. In chronological order you have the first three films all about the rise of the Sith - culminating in their "Revenge" and then another three culminating in the rise again of the Jedi. It's nice - it's logical. Means that the end of each trilogy has a title linked to the Force itself.
I'm not a Star Wars fan but I actually might go to see this film. Its supposed to be very dark and I was getting tired of the good guy always wins scenario. Bring on the Empire baby!

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Marines
I'm not a Star Wars fan but I actually might go to see this film. Its supposed to be very dark and I was getting tired of the good guy always wins scenario. Bring on the Empire baby!
Thats what I say.. I joined the Imperial Navy and look at me uniform!

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Jeremy Scott
never did care for star wars.
And you miss out on two VERY importnant women and the biggest one of all (for me anyways)

Carrie Fisher and Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley played the Queen in the first while Natalie played Padme.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kampilan
I dont want to see this movie if Jar Jar is still there.
"...and this movie will contain more CGI characters that the audience will respect and love...like the laudable Jar Jar Binks..."
-George Lucas

<ed. note - a joke!>

Kampilan

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
Originally posted by Patrocles
"...and this movie will contain more CGI characters that the audience will respect and love...like the laudable Jar Jar Binks..."
-George Lucas

<ed. note - a joke!>
ack...laudable jar jar?
now i dont really want to see this

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I second that.

And someone please tell me how you guys do that or I swear to god I'll quit this forum.:nuts:
Ermm do what? I still haven't pinned down the origins of this woodchipper now. I know it has something to do with nation states and thats it. And Janos was the inventor of the idea and that many unmentionables and threats to our region are to be thrown into it. Jar Jar is a threat to the whole world. Actor is cool, he just ended up with a horrible character.

Marines

Reaction score
Ermm do what? I still haven't pinned down the origins of this woodchipper now. I know it has something to do with nation states and thats it. And Janos was the inventor of the idea and that many unmentionables and threats to our region are to be thrown into it. Jar Jar is a threat to the whole world. Actor is cool, he just ended up with a horrible character.
No no no...refer to page four of the French Bashing post and help me out here please!

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No no no...refer to page four of the French Bashing post and help me out here please!

Oh... Im thinking something must be wrong with the resolution on your computer maybe. But directly above the "New Thread" and "Post Reply" buttons are a "Edit" on the left and "Quote" on the right. We are using the quote button. It automatically quotes, bolds, and italicizes (sp) the post you are quoting.

Marines

Reaction score
Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
Oh... Im thinking something must be wrong with the resolution on your computer maybe. But directly above the "New Thread" and "Post Reply" buttons are a "Edit" on the left and "Quote" on the right. We are using the quote button. It automatically quotes, bolds, and italicizes (sp) the post you are quoting.
I'm retarded sorry. :bang: