Time on Target SSRs

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm looking to play TOT42 Thunderbolts and there is a reference to Hasty Roadblocks (TOT SSR 5).

Could anyone tell me either what the content of that SSR is or where I can find the TOT SSRs? I think there were Hasty Roadblocks also in an FT product - are they the same as in the ToT?

Thanks.

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm looking to play TOT42 Thunderbolts and there is a reference to Hasty Roadblocks (TOT SSR 5).

Could anyone tell me either what the content of that SSR is or where I can find the TOT SSRs? I think there were Hasty Roadblocks also in an FT product - are they the same as in the ToT?

Thanks.
The rules are in TOT #2 (and perhaps elsewhere). Short answer: easier to clear, can be build during play, in many cases treated like a hedge
(TEM +1, no WA for vehicles).

indy

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
5. HASTY ROADBLOCKS
5.1 An SSR may designate ≥ one roadblock in the OB of a side as a Hasty Roadblock; Locations of Hasty Roadblocks must be recorded to prevent them being confused with normal roadblocks (B29). Except as stated otherwise, a Hasty Roadblock is treated in all respects as a normal roadblock.
5.2 The TEM of a Hasty Roadblock (and any extension) is equal to that of a hedge in all respects [EXC: the TEM of the Hasty Roadblock extention can apply only to Direct Fire]; therefore, the TEM of a Hasty Roadblock is +1, and vehicular targets are not HD when fired on by Direct Fire through a Hasty Roadblock hexside. Any non-dummy unit with a valid LOS to a roadblock can differentiate between a normal roadblock and a Hasty Roadblock.
5.3 REMOVAL: A Hasty Roadblock can be removed by a vehicle as per SSR 5.41; Hasty Roadblocks may also be cleared in the same fashion as a normal roadblock (B24.76; B29.5), but a -4 DRM always applies to such Clearance attempts. Hasty Roadblocks may also be removed by any HE attack as per B29.5 [EXC; any K/KIA result removes a Hasty Roadblock].
5.4 VEHICLES: A Vehicle may cross a Hasty Roadblock hexside at a cost of half of its MP allotment, but it must check For Bog (D8.21) with an additional +1 DRM [EXC: an additional +3 DRM if the vehicle is not Fully tracked]. Failure of the Bog Check DR results in the vehicle becoming Bogged in the hex that it was attempting to leave (i.e., the vehicle is Bogged prior to crossing the Hasty Roadblock hexside).
5.41 Whenever a vehicle attempts to cross a Hasty Roadblock hexside, a Bog Check coloured dr ≤ 0 results in that Hasty Roadblock being cleared by that vehicle (although the vehicle can still become Bogged as a result). For purposes of Hasty Roadblock clearance only there is a -1 drm to the coloured dr of the Bog Check DR for every 10 tons (FRD) of vehicle weight over 10 tons of the vehicle making the Bog Check, and a -2 drm if the vehicle making the Bog Check is a dozer(G15.
5.5 CREATION: An SSR may allow the creation of Hasty Roadblocks across road or runway-hexsides during play. The road or runway-hexside along which the Hasty Roadblock will be Created must he a hexside/ADJACENT hexspineof a woods (including pine woods and tree nurseries), orchard, jungle, palm tree or rubble hex. A Hasty Roadblock Creation attempt is declared during the MPh/DFPh by any unpinned, Good Order Infantry MMC/bulldozer (which has not moved/fired) during that Player Turn) that is in the woods, orchard, jungle, palm tree, or rubble hex that allows the Hasty Roadblock Creation. All units participating in the Creation attempt become TI, and are using Hazardous Movement during the Creation attempt. At the end ofthe CCPh, a Final DR ≤ 2 is required in order to place a Hasty Roadblock along one road- or runway-hexside/ADJACENT hexspine of the woods, orchard, jungle, palm tree, or rabble hex, failure of the Creation attempt allows the placement of the appropriate Labor Status counter as if the units were making a Clearance attempt (B24.8). The following DRM apply:
+xLabor Status(B24.8)
-y the leadership factor of one participating leader directing another unit
+1attempting to create athe Hasty Roadblock across an ADJACENT hexspine
-1for Creation by one squad
-1for each additional HS/crew (-2 for each squad) beyond the one required MMC
-1for each participating Sapper/SSR-designated Engineer HS equivalent
-5for each Bulldozer