Tigers to the Front Map

koffee77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Am asking CH, but will ask here as well.

Is the compass on the Tttf map misoriented? Am thinking it should be turned 90 counterclockerwise. I did not come across any errata on the CH site but have asked. This already resovled somewhere else?

km

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The compass direction is correct. The compass symbol is in hex B26.

Dave

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Koffee,
The TttF map compass for the VASL map is indeed wrong by 90 degrees. Look at the actual paper map for the correct compass facing. -- jim

koffee77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Still seems incorrect. One of the scenarios states the area of play is certain numbered hexes and hexes south of row JJ. Row JJ is oriented on north/south axis. The scenario card compass looks to be oriented different from the board.

Am getting rdy to play the big scenario. Based on the map compass, the germans set up on the south side and the Russkie north on top of the hills. Seems strange the tiger reinformcements come in from the west, almost behind the russian lines. The russkies the same, coming in from the east, almost behind the german lines.

No map here at work. Seem to recall both the map and vasl version being oriented the same.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't have the VASL map handy, but the map orientation for the print map and scenario cards are correct.

Jay White I believe did the VASL map. He'd be the one to talk to about it.

Dave

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Dave Lamb said:
I don't have the VASL map handy, but the map orientation for the print map and scenario cards are correct.

Jay White I believe did the VASL map. He'd be the one to talk to about it.

Dave
Jay White and I are playing a scenario on TttF map right now via PBEM. I can assure you that the compass on the VASL map is incorrect. Use the on the paper map. The A row on the VASL map should be the Northern edge. The compass on the VASL map puts the 1 row as the North edge and this is incorrect. -- jim

koffee77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My printed map compass is the same as that shown in VASL - row 1 is north. Are there two versions of the printed map floating around?

km

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Koffee,
I am not sure if there are two versions of the printed map or not. There may be two versions of the VASL map floating around which corrects the problem but I do not thinks so. Note that earlier I did not say row 1 was North, I said the A row was North. To be more clear, the hexes A1 through A28 are the North edge. Hexes A1 thru T1 are the East edge. This information comes from my printed version of the map which I got with TttF. Hope this is more clear and helps. -- jim

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I haven't fixed the VASL map - but I will! Jim's right - the VASL map is wrong, the real one is correct. That'll teach anyone who's trying to play a scenario without actually buying the pack! :whist:

jay

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Bought TttF recently and I think it was 2nd edition. Also thought the compass printed on map was misaligned. Scenario cards have North in one direction, map in another. If North is hexrow A1-A28 then (2nd edition?) map has it wrong; because its pointing to A1-TT1.

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the 2nd ed. map says row 1 is north, then that is a map error. Row A is north.

I will check with CH and verify here one way or the other with how to resolve.

Dave

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dave Lamb said:
If the 2nd ed. map says row 1 is north, then that is a map error. Row A is north.

I will check with CH and verify here one way or the other with how to resolve.

Dave
:OHNO: :mad: Yes, the compass is wrong on the printed 2nd ed. of the map. The scenario cards are right though, I don't believe they were changed with 2nd ed. - only the map. Again, just to clarify, Hexrow A is north.

I'm sorry I wasn't allowed to proof this before it was released (heck, I don't even own the 2nd ed. map).

Dave

Last edited: