Tiger Day 2016 at Bovington

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi folks.

As part of my online gaming life (World of Tanks & World of Warships) I take time to watch a couple of "Community Contributors" who make videos reviewing games, game components and posting other content. "Jingles" is an ex Royal Navy seaman who makes his money making such videos and he also gets to go to conventions and the like.

This video is new. It shows events at the Bovington Tank Museum last weekend on Tiger Day. Some footage from inside the museum then some of the display in the arena outdoors. Many WWII era tanks and a couple of more modern ones.

I thought the old ASL crowd would like to see it.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
every time I see that thing move I get goose bumps, awesome bit of kit.

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was pretty cool, thanks for posting that.

I wonder if Bovington has some Soviet runners, it would be cool to run a BT out there, and of course the T-34...

Fun stuff.

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
last time in England, I visited the Bovington tank museum.

It was awesome. Enjoyed the CharBis and Jpn tanks also.

Rich

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That was pretty cool, thanks for posting that.

I wonder if Bovington has some Soviet runners, it would be cool to run a BT out there, and of course the T-34...

Fun stuff.
Was based there for along time, and went down to the museum pretty much every weekend, as far as I know all the Russian kit is off the road, (the KV needs a new paint job, but has done for years, same with the Jagd Tiger as it is bonk) .

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the video!

I really enjoyed the interior shots of the Tiger, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the Matilda I. Bovington is definitely on my 'bucket list'!

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks for the video!

I really enjoyed the interior shots of the Tiger, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the Matilda I. Bovington is definitely on my 'bucket list'!
It is a great place to go if you are a 'Tread Head', also it is the home of the Royal Armoured Corps, so there is loads to see and do around there.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is a great place to go if you are a 'Tread Head', also it is the home of the Royal Armoured Corps, so there is loads to see and do around there.
No doubt! I could spend a full day in that restoration hall. Of course I would probably be tossed out for attempting to climb in to something!

Gwinnell

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi folks.

As part of my online gaming life (World of Tanks & World of Warships) I take time to watch a couple of "Community Contributors" who make videos reviewing games, game components and posting other content. "Jingles" is an ex Royal Navy seaman who makes his money making such videos and he also gets to go to conventions and the like.

This video is new. It shows events at the Bovington Tank Museum last weekend on Tiger Day. Some footage from inside the museum then some of the display in the arena outdoors. Many WWII era tanks and a couple of more modern ones.

I thought the old ASL crowd would like to see it.

[video=youtube;pmYDUgh2nfY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmYDUgh2nfY[/video]

Thanks Trev.

Good to see you back.