Thrown Demo: Affect of concealment on FP in thrower's location

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some questions about Thrown DC.

A23.1 says that DC FP is modified by concealment.

23.1 A DC is a SW which explodes in the target Location with 30 FP factors on the IFT [EXC: Set DC; 23.7]. It is not subject to FP modification for PBF/TPBF, use in the AFPh, or for any form of Area Fire other than concealment at the time the DC is Thrown/operably-Placed (or detonated if Set). Concealment-caused Area Fire does not apply when determining the possibility of Rubble Creation (B24.11). A DC attack may not combine FP with any other unit. The defender’s (or thrower’s) TEM (not LOS Hindrances) applies to the resolution of the attack [EXC: hexside TEM is NA if DC Placed/Set] but leadership modifiers do not.​

Assume the thrower is unconcealed, and throwing the DC at a concealed unit.

In this case the target location is attached with 12 FP. Is the thrower's location attacked with 12 FP or 30 FP, (I think 30 FP)?

Assume now that in addition to the unconcealed thrower, there is a concealed unit in the thrower's hex.

Is the concealed unit in the thrower's location attached with 30 FP, 12 FP or 6 FP, (I think 12 FP)?

If the unit in the target location breaks from the attack, and the concealed unit in the thrower's location is attacked with at least a PTC, is the concealed unit revealed, (assuming no other GO enemy unit in LOS)?

I could not locate any Q/A in Klas Perry Sez compendium that directly addressed these questions.

Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts.

JT

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just thoughts as you said, but these are mine based upon play against various opponents and checking the Concealment Gain/Loss rules & Chart:
  • Target concealed, Thrower unconcealed: 12(15)FP & 30FP.
  • Target concealed , Thrower (somehow) also concealed: 12(15)FP in both instances.
  • Target concealed, Thrower unconcealed with concealed unit in thrower's Loc.: 12(15)FP; 30FP vs unconcealed & 12(15)FP vs concealed.
Regards your other question if the concealed unit in the thrower's Location suffers a PIN/MC result and is within LOS of another enemy unit it would lose concealment, otherwise it would lose concealment only if the Target Unit remained unbroken and has a LOS to the thrower's location.