Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Here is a list of scenarios designed or easily adapted for three (or four) players

Rich (BB code):
ID            Name                                    Publication
TOT 45        The Dogs of War                            KEP Time of Target #3
FT 202        Burmese Bandits                            LFT Deluxe Pack #1
RPT 110        Theirs Not to Reason Why                SE Rally Point 11
FB 14        At the Narrow Passage                    MMP Festung Budapest
FT 127        In the Mouth of Madness                    LFT From the Cellar Pack 4
J 164        Aiding the Local Constabulary            MMP Journal 11
J 171        Whom Gods Destroy                        MMP Journal 11
LFT 243        Send More Pigeons II                    Le Franc Tireur #14
GD-A        To the Last Man                            AH General 24.1
????          One War's End                           Dispatches from the Bunker 53
ASL 45       Revenge at Kastelli                      Doomed Battalions (3rd Ed.)
ASL  C       The Streets of Stalingrad                Classic ASL (The General 22.6)
LKR 21.5     Die in Violent Obscurity               Internet (See Psycho post below)
LKR 37.10    End of the Evil Alliance               Internet (See Psycho post below)

MM 68        Oliwa’s Escape                            March Madness 2021
MM 69        Marsch Rukkampfer                        Three Player Pack
MM 70        Vilnius Breakout                                “
MM 71         The Brits Lend a Hand Part 1: Foy Notre Dame    “
MM 72        The Brits Lend a Hand Part 2: Boisselles        “
MM 73         Guerillas in the Mist                            “
If you have others, please post them so that members may reference them.

Last edited:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
If I am not mistaken, To the Last Man was not formally a 3 player scenario (with only one of two sides being a winner) as much as a scenario with two sides that lends itself well to 3 person play?

Oh, I see that is covered in your intro....never mind....

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RPT110 "Theirs Not To Reason Why" is specifically designed to be played as 3-player or 2-player. It is in Rally Point 11.

NVM - I see that it is in the list. Missed it in the crunched view of the cell phone.

Last edited:

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
We have one being play tested for the next Dispatches issue, it's named "One War's End".

Tom
One Wars End is being released today as part of Dispatch #53, US lead Chinese vs Chinese Warlord's troops vs Red Chinese.
Man, what a melee that one is, and was designed by Tom as 3 player scenario, look for it this afternoon, Vic.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASL Scenario C (AH General) "The Streets of Stalingrad" {combined "The Guards Counterattack" and "The Tractor Works"}
can be done as a 3 or 4 player scenario [I played it that way at an Enfilade tourney with Sam Belcher and 2 other players].

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
U2 Sweep For Bordj Toum Bridge
U4 Climax at Nijmegen Bridge
U23 Rehearsal For Crete
U25 Breakout From Borisov
U27 A Winter Melee
U28 Sowchos 79
U32 Disaster On The Dnieper Loop
U38 Clearing The Breskin's Pocket
U45 Bridgehead On The Rhine
U46 Encircling The Rhur
ASL 95 Decent Into Hell
ASL 135 Acts Of Defiance
ASL 141 Action At Balberkamp

There are certainly others but we have found these easilly adaptable to a three or or four player scenario.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
4 player? How about the deluxe classic D34 To the Last Man? Played that as teams in the past and had a blast, but might give the German the balance.
<shrug> More fun as 3 player? I'm thinking they ain't no natural division of the German force like the Soviets have. That, and I think it is close enough to balanced/fun if you have two Soviet players that are not allowed to talk to each other.

I'm thinking something more along the line of Awakening of Spring (G33) might be more fun 2 on 2?

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BoF21 Dying for Danzig
ESG89 Blunt Force Trauma

Have played both of these as 3-player games and have them on my list to play again as either 2- or 3-player. Both have combined arms attacking forces entering from different points on the playing area. Of course, the 2-player side needs to communicate well amongst themselves as far as turn-by-turn goals and tactics, or possibly be given the balance provision.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The latest Two Half Squads episode reviews the excellent March Madness 3 player pack
worth a listen if you are interested in 3 player games I reckon :)

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Would it work to play the old General scenario Timoschenko's Attack as a 3 player, with the 3rd player controlling the Russian reinforcements WITHOUT coordination with other Russian player, ie. with realistic Russian C2?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Would it work to play the old General scenario Timoschenko's Attack as a 3 player, with the 3rd player controlling the Russian reinforcements WITHOUT coordination with other Russian player, ie. with realistic Russian C2?
Played this as three and four players. Good stuff.

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BoF21 Dying for Danzig
ESG89 Blunt Force Trauma

Have played both of these as 3-player games and have them on my list to play again as either 2- or 3-player. Both have combined arms attacking forces entering from different points on the playing area. Of course, the 2-player side needs to communicate well amongst themselves as far as turn-by-turn goals and tactics, or possibly be given the balance provision.
Our group, with 6 different players, has now played Dying for Danzig twice with decisive German victories. Though balanced as a two-player, we would suggest giving the Russians the balance (subtract a German squad) when playing as three (two Russians and one German) unless the Russians are led by decidedly superior/experienced players.