Thoughts on Commando Chateau.

KG_Norad

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So has anyone played Commando Chateau v1? Does anyone have any thoughts about it? I am working on v1.2 which has a few aesthetic changes to the map, some corrections to the briefing and I am still evaluating victory points. I am playtesting a Pbem version now.

Any response is appreciated
TF-M

Triaxe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting concept you have in this one with the withdraw hex being in the same area as where you enter from. I played it blind as the Allies and ended up with a draw at 409 points and had exited 85 points off the map.
Just for fun I tried it again and just exited all the Allied units off and there was no chance to win that way so it does force you to satay and fight.
Fun little scenario but would need some tweaking for H2H play.

KG_Norad

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the exit point was meant to serve 2 purposes: 1 icing on the cake if you isolate the objectives, 2 a last ditch attempt to salvage as many points as you can if you get mauled. I will release v1.2 soon. In this I have made the ford in the bottom right a small bridge but made the ground surrounding it much more swampy, It also has an overgrown trail through the woods south of the chateau. In the single player version the Axis had to be trumped up and locked down to make sure they guarded the objectives...they were wandering all over with out it.

The PBEM version does indeed have minor changes...and is closer to the original vision of the scene, which was meant to have marginal quality security troops on map, unlocked of course so the Axis player can adjust his defense as he sees fit, with better quality troops off map trickling into the scenario at random times. The random reinforcements do tend to change the aspects of play from game to game.

Last edited: