Thoughts On CGIV Bled White

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy-

Was looking over this CG and can the Germans actually control 17 factories (they do control 4 at start I think)? So essentially the Germans have seven days to get to the bottom of the map to control the 14th factory. Is that even doable? It seems like there is not enough time but I could be wrong. What are peoples thoughts and have the Germans won in this CG?

Scott

Fencik85

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Howdy-

Was looking over this CG and can the Germans actually control 17 factories (they do control 4 at start I think)? So essentially the Germans have seven days to get to the bottom of the map to control the 14th factory. Is that even doable? It seems like there is not enough time but I could be wrong. What are peoples thoughts and have the Germans won in this CG?

Scott
I am playing this one right now as the Germans, day 2. I am trying to get the easier factories in the south (there are 4 down there) and then hold the others. I don't think I will make it at this point, but it is still in the balance. The germans are just spread so thin, that it is hard to hold on.

Glen

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am currently playing it solo, Day 3 (well actually day 4, but day three was an idle day (Germany ELR dropped to 2 (rolled a 12 :( ). At the end of day two, Germany control 9 factories (3 of them South of the gully).

Between rows N and W, things have gone well for Germany (admittedly with some casualties. ) They control Hall 3 , and I expect Hall 2 and the two Hall 6c's will be in their possession by the end of this day.

South of the gully, they got wildly lucky on the first day and basically wiped out the (clearly undermanned) Russian defenders and had control of all four factories at the end of day 1. Russia has been pushing pretty hard since trying to retake them.

West of row N has proven a much tougher nut to crack. Russia has fortified all the buildings in that area, which means that my standard approach to stone buildings (smoke them, and CC them) doesn't work.

Anyway, I think it is unlikely Germany will be able to get 17, but 14 still looks possible. I am guessing there will be 5 days of fighting, so there are more than 2.5 days left. (and I haven't ruled out Germany not taking another idle day - but that seems risky)

Last edited: