Those who can imagine a more "real time" ASL read on - ( otherwise don't)

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Many years ago a friend of mine developed a system that in its simplest sense swaps the MPh once one exceeds an "initiative" value.

This value is based on number of units and AFV.

In regular ASL ( 10 units, 4 AFV, say) this may be about 10. In large games like RB 50-70.

In keeping this simple at this stage an overly aggressive player will quickly exceed the IV ( initiative value) thus the building that WAS going to be attacked may be able for example to be vacated without loss.

Consider it like a sin wave with a cut off point. This may go back and forth a number of times.

The original game went into a lot more detail but the basis of it still remains interesting. Other elements may be added later.

If anyone is interested in looking at this let me know. Having played it , the intensity goes way higher than ASL as things happen both unexpectedly and things you can do nothing about.

The main issues I want to to look at are mainly management ones per the ASOP.

Thank U

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A friend of mine uses initiative for a miniature's style of SL/ASL. His system is very tank heavy and infantry are more speed bumps then a threat, even AT guns fail to stop them unless very mismatched (50L's vs T-26), so I prefer ASL. However I think a good system closer to ASL can survive initiative. Can you post any more details without "copyright" issues?