This G-7 photo says it all about our doofus president

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
What's hot air is namecalling and silly schoolmarm language. You haven't shown me that you have any ability to present your facts logically, whether you are talking to me or giving a glib, unconvincing response to someone you disagree with. You do it a lot less now. I know I have shut you down. You can't deflect from an argument by telling everyone to submit to your demands. That isn't how debates work.

You ignore the sources I gave on your side attacking people and their families just like you ignore the crimes you have inflicted on the innocent by your Leftist policies. First prove to me how brave you are by going into a Mosque in Paris and telling them how they need to not be so hateful. Be consistent.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
I'll go to Winter Offensive someday. I had a great time last time I was there. You'll spot me easy. If you aren't so damn triggered you can hold off on making demands until then. If you are angry that I am better at this than you, well then you'll just have to wait or keep saying impotent nonsense about your own personal feelings about the Information Age.

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim
You ignore the sources I gave on your side attacking people and their families just like you ignore the crimes you have inflicted on the innocent by your Leftist policies. First prove to me how brave you are by going into a Mosque in Paris and telling them how they need to not be so hateful. Be consistent.
I am not a Lefty, far from it. I am just far to the left of you David Duke types and it bugs the hell out of you. Also, I ignore anything from faceless people who haven't the courage to stand up and be proud of their convictions. If it doesn't mean enough to you, why should it mean anything to me?

I have been into Mosques and engaged people. I just celebrated Eid with a good friend of mine. I have spent the better half of my life trying to sort out this mess. I don't claim to have a perfect understanding of it all, but I am pretty sure I know WAY more about it than you give me credit for. -- jim

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim
I'll go to Winter Offensive someday. I had a great time last time I was there. You'll spot me easy. If you aren't so damn triggered you can hold off on making demands until then. If you are angry that I am better at this than you, well then you'll just have to wait or keep saying impotent nonsense about your own personal feelings about the Information Age.
I am not making any demands sunshine. I don't care if you come, stay, lay, or pray. But I definitely won't engage a faceless troll. I won't even consider anything you have to say as meaningful. As for better than me? Son, people like you are like corn in my next constitutional. I would compare myself to you, but that only lifts you up and diminishes me by association. Better to leave you with your self delusions. -- jim

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim
What's hot air is namecalling and silly schoolmarm language. You haven't shown me that you have any ability to present your facts logically, whether you are talking to me or giving a glib, unconvincing response to someone you disagree with. You do it a lot less now. I know I have shut you down. You can't deflect from an argument by telling everyone to submit to your demands. That isn't how debates work.

Be consistent.
ParaLogic. First, tell a person what they must show him and then saying you can't deflect an argument with demands. Then capping it off by saying "be consistent". This doesn't even take into account the personal satisfaction you seem to take in "shutting me down" even as I continue to post mocking you. Seriously, you can't make this kind of stupid up. "You-er" so smart! -- jim

Sparky

Who said guns were the problem?
they are in the hellish prism of what passes for solutions to gun violence here. On the left it is taking them away, on the right it is making them easier to get and use.

What the left fails to see it is has lost the legal battle on this. Much as the right has lost the culture war on gays and abortion, the left lost this one. We have the right to own guns. Taking them away is not only unrealistic short of becoming a police state, but well, it is unconstitutional.

and the right.. well... they've shown they care less little about engaging in meaningful restrictions and safeguards in owning guns. To even consider them is political suicide for right leaning politicians.

As I see it Michael, guns are not the problem, the US is simply a violent culture and through guns it is most easily expressed when people go off the deep end and lose it or simply are pissed at the world. Guns don't kill people do. What both sides ignore are the root causes of gun violence. Less guns or more guns won't do anything to solves that. All IMO obviously but it is how I see things.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
ParaLogic. First, tell a person what they must show him and then saying you can't deflect an argument with demands. Then capping it off by saying "be consistent".
It is a requirement that your logic is consistent or your logic is flawed and your argument does not prove your point. How do you get to be so old without ever learning anything?

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
I am not a Lefty, far from it. I am just far to the left of you David Duke types and it bugs the hell out of you. Also, I ignore anything from faceless people who haven't the courage to stand up and be proud of their convictions. If it doesn't mean enough to you, why should it mean anything to me?

I have been into Mosques and engaged people. I just celebrated Eid with a good friend of mine. I have spent the better half of my life trying to sort out this mess. I don't claim to have a perfect understanding of it all, but I am pretty sure I know WAY more about it than you give me credit for. -- jim
We get it - you're virtuous. Now go to a Mosque in Paris.

I don't give you credit for anything except talking about yourself like a fool and following me around like a puppy dog because I beat the shit out of you in your own house using Western Logic (the only logic).

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim
It is a requirement that your logic is consistent or your logic is flawed and your argument does not prove your point. How do you get to be so old without ever learning anything?
We get it - you're virtuous. Now go to a Mosque in Paris.

I don't give you credit for anything except talking about yourself like a fool and following me around like a puppy dog because I beat the shit out of you in your own house using Western Logic (the only logic).
Demonstrating you foolishness huh, Uher. -- jim

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
what's interesting is that I'm the only one who wants to talk about the issues. Not about what a wonderful person I am, not about how things relate to me directly, not about how someone else should be doxxed for disagreeing...I debate the issue in a Logical manner, as great Socrates would have liked. If that triggers you then your problem is not with me at all.

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim
what's interesting is that I'm the only one who wants to talk about the issues. Not about what a wonderful person I am, not about how things relate to me directly, not about how someone else should be doxxed for disagreeing...I debate the issue in a Logical manner, as great Socrates would have liked. If that triggers you then your problem is not with me at all.
You're no one without a name and face. No one wants to talk to some asshat who hasn't the moral courage to stand up for what he believes in. -- jim

NUTTERNAME

I was in the military. We had LOTS o'guns. In four years, not one person I knew got shot or shot anyone. We WERE hoping to invade Iran way back then, and maybe we would have racked some, but guns aren't the problem, neither is ammunition, it is people with problems.

I own guns, and quite frankly, would own more...especially if I lived away from the city. I think people should own and know how to use weapons responsibly. Seeing as I live in a 'Make My Day' state, I train as such.

So, keep your silly solutions and histrionics away from my personal rights.

Martin Mayers

I was in the military. We had LOTS o'guns. In four years, not one person I knew got shot or shot anyone. .
The people who get shot ARE known by someone though right? Because you don't know them, or that they're not your loved ones, doesn't really diminish their death right ??

Do you think you have a problem which needs a solution? Listening to most of the arguments with interest (as I'm one of those rare Brits who is actually willing to accept two sides on this issue) a lot of the gun lobby arguments seem in denial of there even remotely being an issue.

NUTTERNAME

As a pragmatic person that can analyze issues without being a bleeding heart yahoo, let's say we look at Alaska.

. Alaska

Death by firearm per 100,000 population: 19.8
No permit required for purchase of a firearm.
In Alaska, suicide was the leading cause of gun deaths, with it being the main factor in more than 80% of all firearm deaths.
Not to belittle the dead Alaskans, but about 16 of the 20 or so deaths are self-inflicted. That is, the suicides involving guns. The other deaths include accidental discharges and murders, perhaps police shootings. A point is that it is a relatively low number. If it is compared to other causes of death in Alaska...

http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/VitalStats/Documents/PDFs/LeadingCausesofDeath_2015.pdf

...it is seen that health and other issues are the greatest threat to the population. Also, other suicides make Alaska a state with grim statistics.

So, while I am pointing out that the 'Gun Scourge' is a small percentage of the overall mortality in Alaska (and most places), I do believe in gun ownership but I would prefer some changes in the laws concerning them. I actually think every weapon needs to be registered and even taxed! Similar to an automobile. Any weapon that is not registered should be confiscated. All hunters and people carrying concealed weapons must have the registration on them. I believe there should be a Nationwide law governing weapons and purchases. The ATF should be broken up so that Firearms has it's own agency and registration taxes pay for it. Registration is yearly, and anyone skipping out on the registration will be contacted to pay a fine and have to produce the weapon for recertification. I live in Colorado and it is amazing the number of people with 'gun rooms'. I am sure if people had to fork over money for guns, they would buy more conservatively.

Clearly mental health is an issue with both suicides and mass shooters. Mass shootings, and especially the school shootings, focus on the weapons and not the primary cause. That is, mental illness.

I hate to say this but I don't think people should have Military style weapons in their homes. I do believe they should be available for purchase, but would have to be kept in a secure facility like a 'gun club'. One would have to shoot it there, or in the case of hunting, sign it out. A database would be available to Police of all signed out weapons.

NUTTERNAME

As I see it Michael, guns are not the problem, the US is simply a violent culture and through guns it is most easily expressed when people go off the deep end and lose it or simply are pissed at the world. Guns don't kill people do. What both sides ignore are the root causes of gun violence. Less guns or more guns won't do anything to solves that. All IMO obviously but it is how I see things.
Guns don't kill peoples, ammunition does... Maybe, in North America, the US and Mexico are about the same and it is just Canada that is low?

List of countries by firearm-related death rate

guns.jpg

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim
As a pragmatic person that can analyze issues without being a bleeding heart yahoo, let's say we look at Alaska.
I agree, we need to have a discussion and the discussion has to be pretty broad, but Alaskan data is cherry-picked to support your argument. Had you taken CA or IL, place where gang-banging is way more prevalent, you know spectrum of gun-related deaths would have have been dramatically different. Nationwide, 38658 people died in a gun related incident in 2016. Of those, 22,938 died due to suicide, 14,448 due to assault, the rest being split up among other ways, including accidental discharges. That is significantly more accurate picture than one given by looking at Alaskan data. -- jim