Things you can tweak and how to do it

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just open random *.xml files in emacs. The contents are mostly self-explanatory.

junk2drive

Reaction score
The values are taken from the Panzer Wars mini game rules. I use Notepad ++ to edit the files. It is freeware. The manual explains the values and what all the characters mean.

Sighting and cover and concealment are hardcoded.

Pillar

Reaction score
The values are taken from the Panzer Wars mini game rules. I use Notepad ++ to edit the files. It is freeware. The manual explains the values and what all the characters mean.

Sighting and cover and concealment are hardcoded.
Yeah I just was taking a look through and couldn't really understand what I was looking at. Redwolf is a coding machine so I don't feel too bad. ;)

Cover is hardcoded eh? Editing the infantry firepower values would have the same effect as editing the cover for same, correct?

Also, do LMGs in a squad have any kind of special treatment as regards suppression? (Is suppression considered separately from lethality?)

junk2drive

Reaction score
I suppose editing the firepower would effect the cover. Look at the tables in the manual. All the weapons in a squad are considered for the firepower number. Then the tables, modifiers, and the dice rolls determine the outcome.

I did check in Data\Tables and sighting is in there.

mOBIUS

Reaction score
Cover is hardcoded eh? Editing the infantry firepower values would have the same effect as editing the cover for same, correct??
You bump up the firepower 1 it reduces cover by 1, But hold on we are going to adjust the building protection a little.

Also, do LMGs in a squad have any kind of special treatment as regards suppression? (Is suppression considered separately from lethality?)
No. They are part of the total. Suppression is +2 (or 20% if you like)above the firepower number. (At least I hope that's the way its working.) So something gets hit with a firepower of 1 there is a D10 roll and if a 2 or 3 is rolled the unit is suppressed. Only on a '1' does it suffer a casualty.