they're coming for your hamburger

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No joking - the reactionary, imbecilic right-wingers have gathered and concluded that - the Democrats want to take your hamburgers away.

My question - how exactly have Americans become so utterly, ridiculously stupid enough to actually think this, let alone believe it? I think that part of the reason is bad education - especially in red states. The other part is right-wing media that tells the stupid people that they're smart people. That's a dangerous thing.

The scale of stupidity is getting more noticeable and outlandish as time goes on. This right-wing cult-bubble thing is getting out of control.

“They want to take away your pickup truck. They want to take away your hamburger. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved.” - S. Gorka at CPAC convention yesterday

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I think the green-ish politicians would prefer the right wingers to eat even more and more hamburgers so they give themselves coronaries and diabetes.

EDIT: Should not that be "Hamberders"?

Last edited:

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
posting Mother Jones...

You have forfeited your right to call anyone stupid.

The real Mother Jones and her Rednecks would have shot you for being a lazy degenerate. If you ever get communism, it's going to be at the hands of the working class, and who do you think that is? It's those of us you mock for eating hamburgers and other normal people food as you clink wine glasses over forty dollar Cous Cous and empanadas. When you aren't bibbing expensive wine, eating overpriced food, or lounging it up at exclusive resorts, you are engaging in drug use and buggery. The modern left is more of a caricature of the decadent bourgeoisie than even the villains in early Soviet cartoons.
It's actually funny how you think you're sophisticated and superior because you don't sweat for your money.

By the way - maybe look at yourself and your prejudice against Americans if you ever want to know why you will never win another election.

Last edited:

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The effete snobbery of the Left is really amazing. I don't think there has been such a naked contempt for the people since the beginning of the US. I've never met a worker who didn't like hamburgers. Better something fast and easy than a kebab or something that has been drowned in 20 spices to hide the fact that it's rancid.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Does the Left still want to legislate cow flatulence? They can perhaps get rid of burgers and cow farts with some New Green Deals? The OP is another triggered yahoo. The histrionics of the left is actually amusing, except when it comes to blatant anti semitic remarks that Bernie still smiles about. I guess he is used to the Dems screwing him over and having to take it?

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Can't believe anyone could be taken in by this. It is true that the vast herds of cattle out west produce methane. Before there were European and African settlers in America there were vast herds of bison that produced methane.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
The Germans adopted diesel submarines to run on cow gas. True story. They made a movie..."Run Silent, Run Squeef"....

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Between GWPetros quoting shit tier political comics/Editorials from the most infamous pro-pedophile clickbait site and Paul openly salivating at the death of Americans, I think you get the full range of leftist thought. The majority are just dupes who believe what they are told on CNN. The rest are a little more intelligent, but extremely malicious.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The irony is that the most disgusting and unhealthy fast food chains make overt appeals to the Democrat party's base. They promote zero American values, but have the same corporate poz as any other multi-billion dollar, left leaning organization. McDonalds has even been running its "365 Black" campaign for a decade. I guess it's appropriate, since when Eurocucks and retarded urban Leftists make fun of obese Americans, they are actually making fun of their own non-white constituents. The same with the "American education" meme. The average scores are brought down by how many ignorant foreign peoples they have, and it doesn't account for the fact that any American with decency sends his children to moderately priced private schools or is a homeschooler.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Vegans release the most obnoxious gases...and the skinny vegan girls breath can stop a charging rhino....

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I think the Democrat Beto O'Rourke has something to say about this important issue...

I need a butt-shine,
Right now
You are holy,
Oh, sacred Cow
I thirst for you,
Provide Milk.

Buff my balls,

Love the Cow,
Good fortune for those that do.
Love me, breathe my feet,
The Cow has risen.

Wax my ass,

Scrub my balls.
The Cow has risen,
Provide Milk.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Just had a "Beyond Meat" taco at a Del Taco fast food outlet. Like the "Impossible" burgers sold at Carl's Jr./Hardees these are indistinguishable from beef and taste great. But we need steer to fertilize the farmland the plants we are now eating grow from. So the net result is we will still need to maintain smaller herds of methane producing cattle to produce feces. :-(

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But we need steer to fertilize the farmland the plants we are now eating grow from.
I think Florida's phosphate industry would disagree with you. I don't believe cow manure is an important fertilizer in the USA, nor much industrial farming anywhere.

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
It’s not about fertilisation, it’s about building pasture. Adding small amounts of fert does nothing for the soil long term, but allowing animals to graze over a long period of time and not super intensively is a win win for both planet and farmer.
I think Florida's phosphate industry would disagree with you. I don't believe cow manure is an important fertilizer in the USA, nor much industrial farming anywhere.

Last edited:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It’s not about fertilisation, it’s about building pasture
I understand that part of the use of animal dung, but I still don't believe it is very significant for industrial farming. Do you have statistics on use that we could look at to see how widespread it is?

The original contention is that even if we stopped eating large amounts of beef, we would still need all the animals for fert. But "allowing animals to graze over a long period of time" is, I think, not really the modern model of cattle husbandry. But maybe I'm wrong.

This is how I understand factory beef production:

Industrial Beef: Life starts out serenely for most beef calves, who spend their first six months alongside their mothers, nibbling grass in open pastures, as described by Michael Pollan, who wrote an excellent New York Times Magazine piece, titled “Power Steer,” on the cattle industry. But soon after that six-month mark, the stock is moved onto the feedlot and the factory farming begins.

Life on the feedlot is dismal: Several thousand head are crammed into the facility, where cattle spend days standing cheek to jowl, in mud and manure. At about 14 months, when cattle reach 1,200 pounds, they’re ready for slaughter. (Listen to Pollan discussing this process with Terry Gross on Fresh Air.)

To get cattle to balloon in a span of months, ranchers stuff the feedlot cattle with a high-fat (and cheap) corn diet and administer growth hormones for an additional boost. Until recently, cattle also ate protein supplements made from ground-up chicken parts, “poultry litter” (feces and other debris swept off the chicken factory floor, including potentially cow parts that been ground up into chicken feed), and other mammalian byproducts. (Cattle also were fed cow and sheep bits, until the United States banned the practice in 1997 in an effort to keep mad cow disease out of American herds.)

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A topic of interest to me... while it is hard to convince anyone to go vegetarian (I myself am only partly... don't buy meat at home, but will have fish or occasionally beef when eating out).

Non-dairy ice creams are indistinguishable from regular ice cream.
I thought I was a milk addict, but almond milk or cashew milk is just as good.
I know bacon is the most delicious food in the world... but industrial pig raising is just a horror show. I never eat bacon/pork/ham. Ever.

The trouble is, me and my wife are on the same page, no kids at home, so we can pull it off. Societal pressure to eat meat and dairy makes it difficult if you have a family living with you.