They changed the end in the last Star Wars

dudalb

Recruit
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Country
llUnited States
I was more annoyed by the freaking Gungans in the planet montage at the end of ROTJ ("Weesa Free") then at the replacement of Sebastian Shaw by Hayden Christensen in the Ghost of the Jedi scene...althought that made no sense.
But over all a very good job on the DVD's. They finally cleaned up the Rancor fight in ROTJ..no more blue screen coronas (how they managed to miss cleaning that up in the first SE is a puzzle) and the extras on the fourth DVD are very interesting, even if a little too laudatory of Lucas.
I think that Lucas should have released the original cut on DVD as well just for historical purposes. And he cost himself money as well; a lot of the fanboys would have bought both the originals and the SE DVD's.
 

Patrocles

Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
1,794
Reaction score
6
Location
Chicago, IL
dudalb said:
I think that Lucas should have released the original cut on DVD as well just for historical purposes. And he cost himself money as well; a lot of the fanboys would have bought both the originals and the SE DVD's.
Yeah, I'm surprised he didn't do that either!

I still think Lucas should create an entire division of LucasArts for personal edits of the SW series! This division can produce customized version of the any/all SW films for each an every fan( ...willing to pay money :laugh:) from a list of edit options! Lucas would be rich....er.
:nuts:
 

KG_Norad

Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2003
Messages
972
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Country
llUnited States
What they should have done...

Make a dvd with "add your own scenes" one movie that would let you choose between original or any one of a number of updates for each scene...now THAT would have been Awesome! :D
 

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
5,113
Reaction score
44
Location
MA, USA
Country
llUnited States
NORAD said:
Make a dvd with "add your own scenes" one movie that would let you choose between original or any one of a number of updates for each scene...now THAT would have been Awesome! :D
The DVD format as a technical specification actually supports a number of features in that area. But the movie industry chose to ignore and not use any of that.

The only thing the movie industry chose to use is the stupid region encoding which leaves people with the duty to patch their players.

And the encryption that only prevents playing, but not coying, on non-authorized devices
 
Last edited:
Joined
May 20, 2004
Messages
59
Reaction score
1
Location
From Shangri-La
Country
llUnited States
dudalb said:
I was more annoyed by the freaking Gungans in the planet montage at the end of ROTJ ("Weesa Free") then at the replacement of Sebastian Shaw by Hayden Christensen in the Ghost of the Jedi scene...althought that made no sense.
The revenge that I got for the "weesa free" at the very end of the Star Wars DVDs was me killing countless Gungans in Battlefront, dear god it made me feel good....supid Gungans, as for Hayden Christensen I hope he gets molested by really big burly men.
 

BigMik1

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
432
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston, Texas
Country
llUnited States
Guess George wants to clean up everything for Eps III. Kind of strange seeing all the changes. Feels like he is messing with my childhood!!! And I swear George was on drugs when he came up with the Ewoks and Gungans!!! It's fun blasting them in Battlefront!!!!

BigMik1
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2004
Messages
2,155
Reaction score
1
Location
Secret Island Base
Country
llUnited Kingdom
BigMik1 said:
Guess George wants to clean up everything for Eps III. Kind of strange seeing all the changes. Feels like he is messing with my childhood!!! And I swear George was on drugs when he came up with the Ewoks and Gungans!!! It's fun blasting them in Battlefront!!!!

BigMik1
Are you on commission from the Battlefront people? :D

Dr. S.
 

beaveringsfan

Recruit
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
UNES Terre Nova
Country
ll
EXACKTALLY! Why must they continue to f--- with one of the greatest movie triologies of all time! I can understand cleaning up the piicture and sound quality, and fixing some few errors, burt changing entire scenes is BS. Why must they re-write the original trilogy to fit in with movies taht aren't even finished yet.
Hey George,
HERE'S A NOVEL IDEA! Write the Prequals to fit in with what has already been established.
It's Like the latest Star Trek Spin "ENTERPRISE".
In TNG SEVERAL times it mentions that Piccard's Enterprise is the FIFTH ship to carry the name ENTERPRISE.
(NCC 1701 [Kirk], NCC 1701-A [Decker, then Kirk], NCC 1701-B [Kirk, Generations], NCC 1701-C [TNG "Yesterday's Enterprise"], NCC 1701-D [Piccard])
Later the NCC 1701-E (the Soverign Class in First Contact) made six.
But with Captain Archer's NX-01 Enterprise (which takes place 100 years before Kirk) that makes six, where in TNG it is clearly stated as five.
STOP CHANGING THINGS!
Clarification is one thing, but changing is f--ing stupid.
Just Recall the Episode of South Park where the boys form a club to keep directors from messing with their films (and to FREE HAT!)
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2004
Messages
2,155
Reaction score
1
Location
Secret Island Base
Country
llUnited Kingdom
chrisvalla said:
Oh, the number of times the ST timeline has be re-done... :rolleyes:
Yeah - although I have a theory with regard to "Enterprise". I reckon at the end of Season 7, or whenever it finishes, the timeline is going to get all buggered up and none of it will have ever happened - it will all have been a dream, thus restoring the original continuity. Bobby Ewing will also be found in the shower.

Dr. S.
 

BigMik1

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
432
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston, Texas
Country
llUnited States
beaveringsfan said:
Clarification is one thing, but changing is f--ing stupid. Just Recall the Episode of South Park where the boys form a club to keep directors from messing with their films (and to FREE HAT!)
Loved that South Park episode with George and Steven!! Wish they would leave them alone. Before we know it the Raiders series will be changed!!

BigMik1
 
Top