The Worst Place of Any Question regarding snipers.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The rules limit SAN to 7, and this certainly makes sense as a SAN of 8 would have the same chance of triggering as a SAN of 6.

I believe SANs larger than 4 are becoming rarer in published scenarios, also possibly because small scenarios are more frequent, and an active sniper is more likely to break a small scenario.

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I was thinking if there was a limit specific to this scenario, what ASL rules say I am fully aware of. Thanks anyway.

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Could have been more specific, I only had the scenario name in the subject line.
Anyway, it was for the OS-17 scenario and the name is "The Worst Place of Any", it is from Objective Schmidt and is a 25 turn scenario (mini-CG).
Both Americans and Germans can buy SAN+1 multiple times in the scenario but to me it seems weird that it is possible to buy SAN to the highest level in this scenario as it is quite a rural map and those scenarios tend to not have that high SAN.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Could have been more specific, I only had the scenario name in the subject line.
Anyway, it was for the OS-17 scenario and the name is "The Worst Place of Any", it is from Objective Schmidt and is a 25 turn scenario (mini-CG).
Both Americans and Germans can buy SAN+1 multiple times in the scenario but to me it seems weird that it is possible to buy SAN to the highest level in this scenario as it is quite a rural map and those scenarios tend to not have that high SAN.
Max SAN is the limit allowed by the rules: 7. It's all a matter of priorities on how you want to spend your CPP. Just as easily as you can buy it, your opponent could knock that value down during the course of the scenario.