The Way Back Machine

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Who'd have thought it? Another ASL player with the same naem as our rules guru. It's lucky we'll be able to tell them apart as this one has hair.

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wonder if answering all those rules questions turned Perry's hair grey.....or is it working with Chas?

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Speaking of old issues of The General, does anyone have theirs handy to dig through them and find out what the MSRPs for CoB and GH were when they were originally released? My recollection is that they were around $35 to $45 each. That would hopefully put the cost of RS into perspective for those complaining about it. (If I'm right, even the full MSRP cost for RS is below the inflation adjusted costs for CoB and GH combined, especially allowing for adding the G-T map, extra scenarios, etc.)

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
My calculations if IIRC was that COB cost about $50 back in 1990 when it came out, so today that would make it: $88.82, however MMP has added more boards, scenarios and the GT and Chapter Z extras so that seems like a good justification to me.

Non-ASL related:

Back in 1971 when I picked up a SPI war-game for $10 that would be equivalent to: $57.32 today, then in 1975 when I picked up another SPI game that was $25 that would be the same as paying $107.88 today and when I picked up War in Europe for $40 back in '76 that would be like paying $163.21 today.

If I remember correctly back in '78 I picked up Squad Leader for $15.00, which today would have been $53.41! I only mowed 3 lawns ($5 a piece) to get that back then, I would have had to charge $20 a lawn today...yikes....