The VASL Map Bazaar is open!

eric garrard

Reaction score
Help. I have downloaded the new map extensions, and have them somewhat in an accessable location for VASL. The problem is that I can get them into the board directory at the top of the Start new Game window, but haven't figured out how to get them into the Select Board window below. What this means is that I can pull up the maps and play on just one of the new maps, but I have no way to add additional maps to the scenario layout- other than additional copies of that same map side by side. How can I get them into my Select Map area so that I can align them with other boards?

LaFajita

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you try the buttons "Add Row" (places a map 'below' your first map) or "Add Column" (places map to the 'right' of your first map)?

eric garrard

Reaction score
Yes, I tried that. I just can't seem to get the maps into the Active File, for lack of a better term. I can only add rows and columns of the same map.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TWEET!

Personal foul, Garrard! Posting in the wrong thread! Fifteen yards... FIRST DOWN!

Eric - send me an email and we'll work out your issue.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks. I have to say, though, it turned out to be a different beast than I think we intended when we started out. Turned out to have much more of an urban feel than the "hillside village" that was a general initial goal. Shrug; the process took us there and we certainly ended up with a board that's unique to the system and will hopefully fill a niche. I still have an itch to scratch for that hillside village, though, so Chas Argent can expect something soon :)

Rudi

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Brilliant work. I love the WO Bonus Pack and happy to play this now over VASL. Keep on, VASL are for me on of the best changes to my Hobby after I am back from WOW. The look of the new Boards V5 color and all the love in details make it a unice experience to Play VASL on them.

Cheers Rudi

GerryM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello All:

A big thank you to Rodney, Tom, et al. for the wonderful VASL and map system. As I am using lovely features like CTRL-V, CTRL-E, etc. on beautiful maps I am really grateful

In fact, if everyone used VASL I would even consider ftf play.

Gerry

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Gerry. Being as you're in Colorado, you should check out the Front Range ASL Club! Look them up at Yahoo Groups.

And oh by the way, board 10 is the first board from the Map Bundle to get VASLized. Check it out at the Map Bazaar, or use this direct link:
http://home.comcast.net/~tomrepetti/boards/bd10.zip

The BSOs/SSOs for this board are:
* Changing the woods-path to a dirt road, as seen in several scenarios such as Merzenhausen Zoo and Kleckerweise
* Grain = Level -1 Marsh, from J78 Fast Heinz
* Only 10Z6 is a stone bldg, as in DB044 Asking For Trouble
* Remove the Pond
* Go Rogue! :)

We've even started putting Light Woods overlays in the mix, although VASL can't enable them yet. Wait for VASL 5.9.3 and you'll see these overlays, all ready for Haakaa Paale.

If there are any BSOs/SSOs that someone thinks should be in there for bd10 but aren't, let me know.

LaFajita

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tom, there is a problem with the address you are pointing to. When I try to get to the Map Bazaar to grab my goodies, it sends to "Comcast Free Cause" yada yada. You need to look into this.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
FWIW, I'm not seeing any problem with getting to the Bazaar, so if others are still having trouble connecting, please email me.

And the SK-version of board 46 is done: http://home.comcast.net/%7Etomrepetti/boards/bd46.zip

No BSO's for this one, but there are some cool SSO's for scenario 118 (Downsizing the Uprising) and ESG29 (Blood in the Mud)

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tom, the problem does not kick in getting to the bizarre site, that works. However, when you try to actually grab the boards for download, it won't let you get there. You time out and get a thank you for playing our game message.
FWIW, I'm not seeing any problem with getting to the Bazaar, so if others are still having trouble connecting, please email me.

And the SK-version of board 46 is done: http://home.comcast.net/%7Etomrepetti/boards/bd46.zip

No BSO's for this one, but there are some cool SSO's for scenario 118 (Downsizing the Uprising) and ESG29 (Blood in the Mud)

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Sorry Carl, it doesn't happen for me.
Nor me. I just downloaded a board file last night with no issues?

Are you sure that your browser has not put up a dialog box that is waiting for input from you while hidden under a bunch of other widows? That has happened to me in the past with other downloads.