The VASL Map Bazaar is open!

Morbii

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the easiest thing is to place the old-style (mounted) boards in one directory and the SK-style boards in another. Then just point your VASL to the right directory when you create a board.

Might be a good change for wlk to make, though, to allow boards to live in whatever directory they want, and not just have one default directory that VASL looks in. Wouldn't add too much space to a game's savefile to specify the full path name.
Yes, this is bascially what I do. I just don't want to have to do that is all :)

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The SK-style version of board 9 (v5.2) is now available on the VASL Map Bazaar.

Not a ton of changes between this board and the mounted version. Crags look a little different, and there's some hexside elevation changes that I don't remember from the previous version, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, bd9 is easier to do than bd45, so I finished it first :) Have at it.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The SK-style version of board 33 (v5.2) is now available on the VASL Map Bazaar.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The SK-style version of board 45 (v5.2) is now available on the VASL Map Bazaar.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The SK-style version of board 44 (v5.2) is now available on the VASL Map Bazaar.

jimbosul

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hi,

i am trying to teach myself how to do HASL VASL maps - i have downloaded the v5 palette and have made a psd file with color swatches to match all of the RGB colors - BrushCrestDesertL_1 doesn't have values - is it meant to have none? if not, could you tell me what they are?

thank you.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The SK-style version of board 11 (the last of the DB3 boards to be VASLized) is now available on the VASL Map Bazaar.

With a little treat for those of you who like to live on the "wild" side... ;-)

Similarly, board 09 has a new version for you rogue-ish characters :)

Last edited:

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The SK-style version of board 11 (the last of the DB3 boards to be VASLized) is now available on the VASL Map Bazaar.

With a little treat for those of you who like to live on the "wild" side... ;-)

Similarly, board 09 has a new version for you rogue-ish characters :)
That "go Rogue" button is little scary for me. The results caused me to give out a small yelp!

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Been gone a while. Awesome, awesome, awesome! Thanks for the new journal boards!

bennyb

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Thanks guys.

What I recommend you do is write a small script which does an automated daily "build"; The script would zip up all of the boards and overlays into a single file, this file could then be linked to from your web-page. Then newcomers could get all of the latest and greatest boards and overlays in a single download.

Ben

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Small problem getting the overlays to work.
I dl'd the new maps last night and they're working great. I put the new overlays into subfolders within an overlay folder like they had come with VASL and removed the old ones (I thought.) However I'm still getting the old overlays and only a limited number of those (about 20 total of the 40 or so I copied.) So I wonder did they actually get installed and is VASL actually "finding" them? I can't find a directory to overlays during setup or after the board selection is finished.

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
Small problem getting the overlays to work.
I dl'd the new maps last night and they're working great. I put the new overlays into subfolders within an overlay folder like they had come with VASL and removed the old ones (I thought.) However I'm still getting the old overlays and only a limited number of those (about 20 total of the 40 or so I copied.) So I wonder did they actually get installed and is VASL actually "finding" them? I can't find a directory to overlays during setup or after the board selection is finished.
make sure your map-overlay files (such as ovr1, ovrD, etc.) are in a dir that must be named 'overlays' (all lower-case), the 'overlays' dir must be a subdir of your current boards dir that you specify in VASL prefs.

board-files can be placed in a dir w/ a name that you specify yourself, i have 'boardsV4' & 'boardsV5' dirs, as well as dirs for customized CG maps. when i start VASL, i have to check my prefs to make sure it's looking for boardfiles in the appropriate dir!

but w/ map-overlays, they *must* be in a dir named 'overlays' (case-sensitive), this dir *must* be a subdir of the boards dir that's named in your prefs. VASL will look for map-overlays only in an 'overlays' subdir of your currently-specified boards dir.

hth

LaFajita

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With the realease of the map bundle, new maps, and new HASLs, I hope the elves will soon be toiling away on the new boards!