• NO

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

Temujin

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
doodad said:
I love and own a copy of The Longest Day. At the time it came out, with the German actors really speaking Deutsch, instead of English actors just changing their w's into v's, the buzz was that it would be a challenge for viewer to watch. But the movie proved that wrong. It was an awesome and somewhat accurate telling of the day.

I also love and own Saving Private Ryan. Much has been made about the landing scenes being too horrific and a full 30 minutes devoted to it. After my dad saw the movie (he was a Higgins boat Coxswain in the Pacific) I asked him what he thought about the realism of the landing.
"Well, he said, " I don't remember many of them just being thirty minutes long."

Dad was actually in "The Fighting SeaBees" along with about a 1000 other swabs in a big shot during training in San Diego.
Saw the last battle in SPR last night, its a pity they let it slide into the usual; stupid Germans run into bullets while each American accounts for double digits of the enemy every 2 minutes.

Not to mention the Mustangs with no bomb/rocket carriages underwing doing a one shot one kill on the tiger, or subsequent bombings with invisible bombs. ho hum :rolleyes:

C.M. Ansley

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RichardS said:
Does anybody know if Battleground is coming out on DVD any time soon?

I was just looking at an advertisement on the back of the History Channel Magazine for a five piece DVD set. The set included Battleground, Battle of the Bulge, The Big Red One, The Dirty Dozen, and Where Eagles Dare. The set comes out on 3 May, but I still have not found out the price.

doodad

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also, regarding "Windtalkers," how often do guys get thrown from an explosion in s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n? I tried watching that pitiful movie and kept thinking that any minute, the Dukes Of Hazzard would come flying (in slomo) over the next berm in good old "General Lee."

Reaction score
RichardS said:
Does anybody know if Battleground is coming out on DVD any time soon?

Cheers!
:toast:

:horse:
Arguably the best WW II, if not war movie ever made. I'll watch it over any other movie, including any John Wayne Marine movie.

Halls of Montezuma and Battle Cry were also very good.