• NO

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

eagle101

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Movie: Windtalkers

Did you think the movie WINDTALKERSS was good? Was it historicaly accurate? were the Uniforms good the equipment?

:banana: :horse:

Panzer Leader

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is completey unrealistic. Crazy stuff like 2 fisted gunplay etc. Still much better than Pear Harbor. LOL

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Not bad, but there is much better put there. Plus, the actor Cage, I just can't....... specially at the end scene when he dies..... oh please!

eagle101

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ALTERNATE ENDING

Cage really did not need to die at the end. He could of came back with Yahazi and started a new Life.

MY SAPPY ENDING!!!!:( :( :scream: :laugh:

daemonofdecay

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At least in movies like Saving Private Ryan the action sequences had a feeling of realism to them (more so in Band of Brothers, but then again BoB was real and saving Private Ryan was fictional) but the fight scenes in Windtalkers were just pathetic and didn't seem like the video was used correctly. Also to much H2H :rolleyes:

I like older movies (A Bridge to Far, Bridge on the River Kwai, The Great Escape, The Longest Day, Patton, etc. etc.) but the one thing that makes me angry is how they all used American M-60 or Bulldog etc tanks in the movies. Very few had the Real German tanks, just american tanks painted grey with crosses on the side.

On another note, im looking to rent/buy the movie 'Stalingrad', does anyone have a personal review? I'm pretty sure it's directed by Wolfgang Peterson (or the Guy that directed Das-Boot if I didn't get the name right) and I liked Das-Boot. So, thoughts?

eagle101

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Best Wwii Movie Ever

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WWII MOVIE!!!

Mine would have to be the HALLS OF MONTAZUMA!!!
:bowdown: :bowdown:

RetPara

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I voted for ABTF because of its ensamble cast and the accuracy for a late 70's movie.

HOM and SOIJ were classic Marine movies. Battlecry by Leon Uris was a better book and movie about Marines though.

BOTRK was really a anti war movie and not near as accurate. Obi Wan though played a incredible role.

tetsuko47

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A Bridge to Far is a good pick but I also like the German 1985 version of Stalingrad. Das Boot is pretty good as well.

moondog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My Favorite isn't on the list!

My favorite would have to be "The Longest Day."

For much the same reason as RetPara has for "A Bridge Too Far." which is my second favorite

dog

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Best Wwii Movie Ever

Originally posted by panzerboy
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WWII MOVIE!!!

Mine would have to be the HALLS OF MONTAZUMA!!!
:bowdown: :bowdown:
Battleground or Longest Day for me. But as they weren't options...A Bridge to Far.

Cheers!
:toast:

:horse:

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by tetsuko47
A Bridge to Far is a good pick but I also like the German 1985 version of Stalingrad. Das Boot is pretty good as well.
Der Brucke (The Bridge) is a really good movie despite the cheesy Sherman. :)

Cheers!

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by daemonofdecay

I like older movies (A Bridge to Far, Bridge on the River Kwai, The Great Escape, The Longest Day, Patton, etc. etc.) but the one thing that makes me angry is how they all used American M-60 or Bulldog etc tanks in the movies. Very few had the Real German tanks, just american tanks painted grey with crosses on the side.

On another note, im looking to rent/buy the movie 'Stalingrad', does anyone have a personal review? I'm pretty sure it's directed by Wolfgang Peterson (or the Guy that directed Das-Boot if I didn't get the name right) and I liked Das-Boot. So, thoughts?
The American tanks in German clothing was a matter economics. You rented the Spanish Army etc. for a day/week/whatever and used what they had.

Stalingrad is a good movie, but yes, it's very grim. Still a worthwhile rental.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Originally posted by Panzer Leader
It is completey unrealistic. Crazy stuff like 2 fisted gunplay etc. Still much better than Pear Harbor. LOL
Actually I thought some of the battle scenes in Pearl Harbor weren't so bad, but what DRIVEL for the rest of the movie.

Windtalkers does incredible disservice to the Navajo Code Talkers who saved thousands of US lives. How many times is a body thrown 20, 30, 50 feet into the air? Somebody got a real workout on the trampoline filming this debacle. The didn't even show Iwo Jima where they did their most important work.