The ultimate ASL preach

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
OK - this hobby just got weird...................
Just?? Grown men spending thousands of dollars on pieces of colored ( coloured ) cardboard, exotic devices for rolling their precision dice in and traveling halfway across the planet to sit in a room for days with a bunch of unwashed, overweight like minded fanatics. Just???

Although I have to admit a preacher at the pulpit with the ASLRB is a new one on me.🤔

One could make the argument that he is a bit of a heathen though for rolling his dice in a glass!🤣🤣

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Who is this? I don't recall seeing him at a tournament.
Good question. He's obviously someone comfortable with presenting his flock with an out of the ordinary sermon. That being said the Lord works in mysterious ways and I suppose ASL could be one of those ways.🤔

Hopefully someone knows who he is and can invite him to an event or the forum. Seems like a nice guy but somebody needs to give him a dice tower!

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I really hope, daresay pray, that, aside from blasphemy, this is only time I encounter religion mixed with ASL.
Hang on Cpl - if you pray that this does not happen again - does that not mean you yourself are mixing ASL with religion ?:unsure:

There's got to be a fancy name for this - anyone know it? My bet is on "circular reasoning":

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I think it is Chris Walters: http://eunhyeandchris.com/about-us/

Don't know him.
Sure looks like him. Chicago had a thriving ASL scene, possibly still does, OMOOT. Someone from Chicago might want to see about contacting him to put him in touch with the local ASL community. He seems like a nice guy and anyone who has his ASLRB on the pulpit can't be all bad.

Gunner Scott still in Chicago? Are The 2 Half Squads from that area?

Not the sort of preacher or sermon I remember from my youth! Mom's people were Pennsylvania Bible Belt Baptist, out in the country. My great uncle was the preacher at the family church. Uncle Lou was from the hellfire and brimstone school of preaching. Bald as an egg. I can still see him standing behind the pulpit, hot summer Sunday night, crowded church with no A/C. He'd be sweating bullets, mopping his brow and bald head. Scaring the daylights out of his 8 year old great nephew! Great guy. Hope he doesn't view how that 8 year old turned out as a failure of his preaching. 😔

Last edited:

atago44

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really hope, daresay pray, that, aside from blasphemy, this is only time I encounter religion mixed with ASL.
Well, at least he didn't use D&D, which would have been a very interesting point of departure for a sermon.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't you need a chicken, in order to get the egg? (Round and round we go!)

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Don't you need a chicken, in order to get the egg? (Round and round we go!)
Well we're more likely to solve that age old question before the IFT vs IIFT one gets resolved.

Oddly appropriate it comes up on a quasi religious thread.🤔