The troubling trend of two pages for one scenario…

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
From an aesthetic point of view I like the two page scenarios. There is more room for the info on the card to breathe. The layout is more visible and it is all tastefully done. Much better than cramping all the info on one card so that it is congested.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
For the most I buy two of each product and when I put the scenario cards into the protective sleeves I put the second page of a scenario next in line . Then there did no flicking back and forward, same with the digital scans. No problem really, storm in a teacup
If however you only buy 1 copy then scan the cards and do exactly the same , it’s not hard guys!

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the most I buy two of each product and when I put the scenario cards into the protective sleeves I put the second page of a scenario next in line . Then there did no flicking back and forward, same with the digital scans. No problem really, storm in a teacup
If however you only buy 1 copy then scan the cards and do exactly the same , it’s not hard guys!
First world problem, eh?

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All this over a scenario having 2 pages, I want the print like 24 font as my eyes are not what they used to be. So three pages or four is ok by me if I can read the page with out a microscope.

Jimfer

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Lose the photogragh / picture? It is not as if it adds any information.............

Last edited:

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That would look too austere.
We're all different - for me just give me the facts to get on with the scenario

On another subject..........are you not in / getting ready to go to Grenadier? I know Sam Henze is going...............

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a scenario designer, I try very hard to keep all info on one page- but this often conflicts with the desire to be innovative (Such as OB choices SW/fortifications 'purchases').

As a player in the same age group as most of us, I can only squeeze the font so much. Thankfully I have editors to make most of thos decisions.

The Magnus

Reaction score
First name
Flavius Magnus Maximus Augustus II
Country
llSweden
We're all different - for me just give me the facts

On another subject..........are you not in / getting ready to go to Grenadier? I know Sam Henze is going...............
Fact: Mr. T is not here, nor on the list. 2.5 Brits/Scots are here though. I am the lone scandinavian.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
We already have 20+ page scenario cards. We call those "Campaign Games". Many play them. They even seem to enjoy them (ASSAULT MOVE!). -- jim
And how about the hundreds of pages in the Rule Book?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have no issues at all with two-page scenarios. Does not bother me at all.